- Apply extensive technical experience and skill set to drive the triaging of complex, high impact Production incidents to quickly restore service
- Partner with application and product managers to identify root cause and actions to correct complex, high impact Production problems. Also, working with those teams to identify other opportunities to improve overall Production stability, including actions to mitigate the reoccurrence of any problem as well as opportunities to improve overall monitoring.
- Socialize advanced triage techniques with Production Support teams aimed at improving the ability of those teams to be able to detect disruptions and restore service
- Drive development of a stability program aimed at proactively assessing and identifying areas of concern and ensuring those concerns are escalated to the appropriate partners for remediation
- Drive development of best practices for support of applications hosted in both internal and external cloud solutions as well as applications hosted in container technologies. Socialize these best practices with numerous Production Support teams and influence their adoption.
- Function as a subject matter expert for the team on cloud and container-based implementations.
- Partner with monitoring architects and tooling teams to drive out best practices on how to leverage advanced monitoring tools (i.e. – Splunk, AppDynamics, NetScout, etc…) to more quickly detect Production incidents and restoral or service.
- 7+ years of experience in information technology, ideally with a large cap technology company
- Extensive experiencing development and/or supporting applications hosted on internal and/or external cloud solutions
- Extensive experience development and/or supporting applications run via a container
- Experience using advanced monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, Glassbox, and NetScout.
- Experience troubleshooting network related incidents
- Strong, courageous communicator capable of effectively communicating, verbally, via emails and instant messaging, to both technical and business teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, MIS or related field
Experiencing supporting applications as a system administrator, database administrator, and/or middleware administrator. Previous experience as a network administrator also a plus.
- Experience supporting/development applications that utilize SAN and NAS storage. Any experience with Dell EMC Centera and Hitachi HCP storage a plus.
- Experience leaning out and automating processes aimed at improving overall efficiency and quality of the work product
- Familiarity with the ITIL framework
- Capable of periodically providing on call support outside of normal working hours
- Capable of working in high pressure situations
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role