About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Background: Cyber Security Technology (CST) is one division within the Global Information Security (GIS) organization. CST is responsible for architecture, engineering, risk analysis, product development and 24/7 follow the sun production support for the GIS organization, as well as research and innovation. The organization represents and covers all primary disciplines including: networking, virtualization, application security, cloud, identity and access management, and cryptology. CST is predominately located in the US with additional personnel in EMEA. The Bank is growing its application support capability in the region to support stability and availability of applications and process which underpin our LoB operational controls. The focus on the CST team in APAC will be to extend and enhance our 24/7 follow the sun Production Support team capability, with the key emphasis on there being a consistent and holistic support service, which is available within all time zones, across all GIS owned applications.
- Working with Business Stakeholders locally to ensure the right levels of service are being delivered, holding our Application owners and vendor partners to account and ensuring cover across gaps in service levels.
- Acting as a subject matter expert, providing support and leading the technical triage for problems with applications within the live production environment, contributing to stability and availability, and maintaining a high degree of customer service.
- Incident, Problem and Change Management duties, including ownership and progression of internal and external faults and technical issues. Own and manage failures within systems through to resolution of the issue, whilst controlling and minimizing impact to business areas.
- Running operations, including, but not limited to, log analysis, application and operating system troubleshooting, software deployment, patch management oversight, Quality Analysis for standard processes.
- Act as a champion for technical operational excellence, you will build and nurture constructive relationships across all levels of Business Stakeholders, together with technical teams globally across the Company, whilst evangelizing and sharing best practice, increasing overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Working with project and development teams, shadowing projects and enhancements, to ensure minimal impact to the production environments.
- Champion and drive a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture which stimulates collaboration.
- Working with global peers to highlight issues, enhancement opportunities and ensure improvement initiatives are prioritized.
- Working closely with regional risk teams to ensure an excellent Risk mind-set is at the forefront of everything we do in region.
- Experience of working with a broad range of systems development, infrastructure transformation, configuration management and technical operations management tools in Linux and Windows environments.
- Proficient in Database Technologies – Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Scripting and coding ability (Python, PowerShell, Linux)
- Data Loss Prevention experience either Administrator or Analyst
- Experience and qualifications relating to the ITIL framework.
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/critical thinking.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding.
- A deep understanding and demonstrable experience of setting standards and development of procedures that deliver end-to-end, tightly monitored and supported environments.
- Demonstration of a professional, team oriented approach coupled with strong self-motivation and personal initiative.
- Be flexible, responsive, enthusiastic, have ability to work alone and as part of a team and to foster positive relationships.
- Prior experience in financial industry.
- Demonstrable leadership skills to inspire and motivate people at all levels to deliver programmes through to successful conclusion.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Experience of Information Security applications: Symantec Data Loss Prevention, Veriato, Encase
- Experience of monitoring technologies
- An appreciation of network technologies
- Security certifications: Security+, SANS, GIAC
Learn more about this role