About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Global Markets Credit (GMC) organization is responsible for credit underwriting, ongoing monitoring and portfolio management of Global Markets (GM) financing and traded products transactions.
GMC is a global organization which partners directly with Global Markets FLU teams in relation to client selection, structuring and underwriting activities to drive revenue growth while maintaining appropriate risk disciplines.
GMC will also coordinate engagement in key control partners including Global Risk, Finance, Credit Review and Audit to accordance with our Risk Framework and internal and external standards.
Responsible for all aspects of the credit management of Hedge Funds within Asia pacific including Japan. This is a high-volume and fast-moving portfolio that utilizes a risk-based approach to drive revenue while maintaining appropriate credit risk disciplines.
• Credit analysis: Participate in initial and ongoing due diligence of HFs. Perform quantitative and qualitative credit assessment, setting internal ratings and recommending credit limits
• Initial margin calculation: Determine initial margin (IM) and evaluate transactional risks associated with OTC and exchange traded derivatives, securities financing and structured trades
• Trade approval: Hold delegated approval authority to approve trading floor request (OTC derivatives) or to make recommendations to higher authority levels.
• Relationship management: Build strong working relationship with external HF clients, internal business partners including Sales, Structuring & Trading, Risk counterparts, Legal and Audit Function
• Risk monitoring: Undertake regular exposure analysis including internal stress testing and IM backtesting. Monitoring of performance and AUM flow data received from HFs
• Trading documentation: Liaise with Legal and client in negotiating ISDA, CSA, GMRA etc.
• Portfolio reviews: Preparation of portfolio reports and reviews, including analysis of OTC and F&O exposures, any counterparties of concern and other pertinent risk issues.
• 8+ years of experience covering Hedge Funds or Financial Institutions. Counterparty Credit experience will be considered as an advantage.
• Ability to establish partnerships across the organization (Structuring, Trading, Sales, Risk and support partners) and build effective work groups, requiring strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Good written and spoken communications skills in English
• Excellent software skills including Excel, Bloomberg
• Master degree in Finance, Business Administration or related fields. CFA/FRM or other professional qualification will be highly preferred
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Learn more about this role
Located in the bustling Central District, we’re minutes away from out-of-this-world city views from Peak Tram and delight as the Symphony of Lights set Victoria Harbour ablaze.