Responsible for the local and/or global management and direction of market risk management functions within a Product Area or several Product Areas (Credit, Equities, Rates, Mortgages, Commodities and Derivatives etc.). In conjunction with the GMR Executive, establishes market risk management policies, procedures and standards. Additional responsibilities include analysis of model risk, the implementation of the New/Complex Product Approval Process, limit approval authority, analyzing & reporting of market risk. The GMR Senior Manager will primarily interface with Senior Traders and Business Heads/Marketing Managers and the managers of other risk and support groups (i.e. Compliance, Finance, Operations, etc.). Incumbents typically have over 10 years of experience in market risk management or trading. Product knowledge and trading or quantitative skills are necessary.
This position is in the Market Risk Management team covering the XVA trading desk. In addition to providing independent oversight of the market risks taken by the XVA desk, the market risk manager will assess a broad spectrum of risks for the desk, liaising with other risk functions as necessary, including operational, credit, and counterparty risks. This role requires close interaction with the trading desk and other risk and support groups (i.e. Finance, Quants, Technology, etc.). Product knowledge and quantitative skills are necessary.
• Review market risk positions, particularly under potential risk scenarios, and raise challenges to the desk if necessary. Liaise closely with the businesses to understand market trends and to report exposure under different market conditions.
• Propose to senior management appropriate market risk limits for the trading desk within the firm's risk appetite.
• Help enhance the firm's risk management capabilities.
• Review risks related to non-standard or structured trades and new products. Liaise closely with the business and other support functions to determine the nature and size of risks and ensure they are within the firm’s risk appetite.
• Provide detailed explanations of the market risk of the desk, both internally to senior management and the trading desk, and externally to the Bank's regulators.
The candidate must have a keen interest in financial markets and risk management and should have the following attributes:
• Strong quantitative skills
* Bachelor's Degree
• Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Strong work ethic and the ability to drive results
• Willing to analyze exposure and risk reports in-depth daily and follow-up on significant changes
• The team is located on the trading floor. The successful candidate must be able to build strong relationships with the business while maintaining independence.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.