Proposed start date will be Summer 2020.
Merrill Lynch provides a high-touch client experience through a network of approximately 15,000 client-facing financial advisors to our affluent clients with a personal wealth profile of at least $250,000 of investable assets. The Advisor Development role is a 12 month training program for our returning Merrill Lynch Wealth Management interns who wish to build a wealth management business and become a full-fledged Financial Advisor. It is a structured and disciplined program that demonstrates our on-going commitment to the growth and progress of our Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors. Advisor development program participants will have the opportunity to build upon their learnings from their intern experience by passing required FINRA registration exams, learning the client centric goals-based approach for client service, build business acumen to understand the vast opportunities to leverage with clients across Bank of America and Merrill Lynch, and complete a robust training curriculum with key milestones. Throughout the 12 month program, participants will have on the job application with work assignments, knowledge checks and assessments to determine progress.
The Associate Financial Advisor Development Program (AFADP) is a 12-month extended training opportunity designed for high potential, former interns who wish to build a wealth management practice and eventually become a full-fledged Merrill Lynch financial advisor. This structured and disciplined program demonstrates our on-going commitment to the growth and development of our emerging advisor workforce.
AFADP participants will have the opportunity to build upon their learnings from the internship through an additional year of experience, education and exposure. Upon joining the program, participants are expected to attend in-person orientation, pass the required FINRA registration exams (Series 7 & 66) and engage in comprehensive curriculum with key milestones focused on the following:
• Client Acquisition Framework
• Enterprise Capabilities
• MLWM Tools & Resources
Participants will be challenged through on-the-job training and application as well as routine knowledge checks to assess individual progress and aptitude, ongoing throughout the program.
• Offers a base salary for the full 12-month program duration
• Comprehensive curriculum aligned with business priorities and initiatives
• Role-based training & skill application with experienced advisors
• Access to a full array of products and solutions available to clients across the Enterprise
• Ongoing coaching and career guidance from local managers/ mentors
• Dedicated program manager support
• Strength and brand recognition of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America
• World class investment, sales, and business management training
• Cutting edge technology and industry leading investment platform
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree
• Graduation date between Fall 2019 – Spring 2020
• Legal authorization to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship
• Participation in the 2019 Advisor Development Summer Analyst Program (ADP)
• Demonstrates leadership abilities
• Effective oral and written communication
• Adaptable to fast paced, changing environments
• Ability to think independently, and work collaboratively
• Strong performer during summer internship
• Recommendation & support from Intern Hiring Manager
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40