The Healthcare, Education and Not for Profit Group (HENFP) is part of the Commercial Bank which serves public and private companies, generally with annual revenues of $50 million to $2 billion. HENFP is a specialty group that supports the financial needs of a variety of 501(c)3 not for profit organizations including healthcare, private universities, colleges, secondary schools, cultural, professional and social service organizations. The position is a part of the Wholesale Credit that is responsible for the origination, underwriting and management of the asset quality for an assigned portfolio for the West region.
- Reporting to the West Region Commercial Credit Manager, the Commercial Credit Officer (CCO) is a highly skilled senior team member, providing expert level advisory guidance in the most complex, integrated debt capital solutions with a specific focus on tax-exempt financing and underwriting. The CO maintains knowledge of other BofAML products including Investment Banking and Treasury Management that have credit exposure, and leverages product expertise to deliver the best possible and optimally integrated strategic solution for the client or prospect. The CO is a key member of the client team with a specific focus on driving responsible growth with tax-exempt entities, both clients and prospects.
- Analysis of clients and prospects and their industries
- Design and execution of credit solutions, and the active management of asset quality.
- Collaborates with the Relationship Manager (RM), Treasury Solutions Officer (TSO), and other product partners, when needed, to assess client needs, design integrated solutions and deliver the bank to clients and prospects.
- Serve as Line/Credit approver in conjunction with Risk management based on credit approval grid and drives the internal credit approval process, loan documentation and closing.
- Mentoring and/or coaching of team members as appropriate
- Industry experience and knowledge in Healthcare, Education and Not For Profit highly preferred
- Experience in financial analysis, structuring, underwriting, tax-exempt documentation and portfolio management
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships – both internally and externally
- BS/BA degree desired and 10+ years of solid commercial banking experience
- Analytical/technical skills, including financial accounting, modeling and loan structuring
- Strong communication skills; ability to communication vertically, horizontally, and externally
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role