- Function overview:
The position is for a market risk manager covering Bank of America’s Global Rates business. In addition to providing independent oversight of the market risks taken by the Global Rates business, the market risk manager will assess a broad spectrum of risks for the desk, liaising with other risk functions as necessary, including operational, credit, and counterparty risks. This role requires close interaction with the trading desk and other risk and support groups (i.e. Finance, Quants, Technology, etc.). Product knowledge and quantitative skills are necessary.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Review market risk positions, particularly under potential risk scenarios, and raise challenges to the desk if necessary. Liaise closely with the businesses to understand market trends and to report exposure under different market conditions.
- Assist in deep dive analyses on the key risks facing the trading desk
- Propose to senior management appropriate market risk limits for the trading desk within the firm's risk appetite.
- Help enhance the firm's risk management capabilities.
- Review risks related to non-standard or structured trades and new products. Liaise closely with the business and other support functions to determine the nature and size of risks and ensure they are within the firm’s risk appetite.
- Contribute to the development of the risk team and to the positive work environment
- Provide detailed explanations of the market risk of the desk, both internally to senior management and the trading desk, and externally to the Bank's regulators.
- Contribute to the development of the global risk team and to the positive work environment
Required job skills:
The candidate must have a keen interest in financial markets and risk management and should have the following attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of interest rates and foreign exchange products and markets, and highly developed understanding of portfolio risk dynamics; experience with credit, funding, and commodities would be desirable
- Good understanding of macroeconomic and political developments and their impact on financial markets; good understanding of interdependencies between different asset classes, especially how these may change during a market crisis
- Strong communication skills including impeccable writing skills for externally used documentation
- Excellent analytical skills
- The team is located on the trading floor, so the candidate must have the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate must be able to build strong relationships with the front office while maintaining independence. He/she must be able to handle disputes, negotiate with traders, and is able to uphold risk frameworks.
- Highly motivated individual who fully understands the demands of a market risk professional
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years’ experience
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role