Static Application Security Testing Analyst
Denver, CO; Chicago, IL; Addison, TX; Annandale, VA; - United States
Job number: 19048528
Back to job search results
Static Application Security Testing (SAST) is the process of scanning source code for security vulnerabilities and manually triaging the results. Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) scans running applications for exploitability. The Application Security Consultant at Bank Of America conducts SAST testing, and correlates the results with DAST, to determine the true risk an internally-developed application present to the Bank.
On a daily basis, Application Security Consultants (ASC) will scan the source code of the Bank’s critical Web and mobile applications and manually triage the results. They will correlate these results with DAST and conduct follow-on penetration tests as needed. They will also continuously advise development teams at the Bank on how to remediate issues, including coding proof-of-concept solutions. Application Security Consultants (ASC) will collaborate on a larger Information Security team, which includes ethical hackers and Application Security Engineers (ASE).
Core responsibilities include:
- Conducting static analysis (source code scanning)
- Correlating static and dynamic analysis results and running dynamic scans (penetration testing)
- Advising dev teams on secure coding practices for addressing findings
- Coding proof of concepts to demonstrate security remediation
- Collaborating with application security engineers to tune scanners
Core languages under analysis include Java and .NET (web) and Android and iOS (mobile).
Qualified candidates will have:
- Four year degree in computer science or related field and / or five years' experience in enterprise-grade software development
- Extensive enterprise development experience in Java and/or .NET languages
- Provable understanding of enterprise architectures and best practices for high-volume, high-availability web / mobile apps
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Android / iOS mobile platforms
- Experience performing code reviews / reviewing results of static analysis tools
- Knowledge of Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) and remediation recommendations
- Familiarity of vulnerabilities and attack methods, including Remote Code Execution (RCE), Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), SQL Injection (SQLi), etc. and how to identify, trace and remediate them
Understanding of OWASP Top 10
Enterprise Role Overview - As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products. Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations. Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures. Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs. Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Posting Date: 07/22/2019
Location: Denver, CO, Union Station, 1801 16th St, Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), Annandale, VA, BANK OF AMERICA MORTGAGE, 7619 LITTLE RIVER TPKE, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.