Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls. The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams.
This role is for an individual contributor to backfill an engineering position in the Developer Security Platform team. The team provides SAST, DAST and IAST solutions to enterprise security control groups and the developer community enterprise wide.
The immediate responsibility of the successful candidate will be to join the team in migrating the enterprise SAST solution from a custom SaaS offering built around Fortify SCA to Checkmarx CxSAST. Participation in other projects underway or planned could include implementation of a new software composition analysis (SCA) product; implementing automated IAST capability in QA; re-designing self-service DAST offerings. Future proof of concept evaluation on new products which could become projects, in partnership with R&D, should also be expected.
Team members manage the deployed products from a traditional application support standpoint, through established processes for performance monitoring, capacity utilization, exception analysis and similar tasks. Operation of the tools is performed by separate teams. Live support is provided to operations teams using the products to assess applications and also enterprise developers seeking to automate and integrate the products into their SDLC.
There are two demonstrated success paths to this role:
This person is a top performer in an enterprise application development role. They have some professional exposure to application security and/or have taken demonstrable steps to move into an application security role. Exposure can be in the form of exercising application security products or remediating results from a central security group’s assessment of their application. Candidates will have current practitioner level skills in enterprise level SDLC tools and processes.
Application Security Engineer
This person has dedicated security experience, either imbedded in an application development organization or central security group. They have been directly responsible for working with developers to remediate code vulnerabilities from SAST, DAST and/or IAST results. Candidates will have team experience in selecting, implementing and managing application security tools on an enterprise scale.
- .NET or Java Web Application development on an enterprise scale
- Code review practice, functional and quality focus
- Technical leadership in design, development and/or support
- Application/product management experience
- Software testing, QA or security leadership
- Utilization of APIs such as RESTful Services
- Scripting ability in Python or similar language
- Committed interest to AppSec
- Vulnerability rating and analysis (CVE, CVSS, CWE ratings) utilization
- Proficiency with a static analyzer such as Checkmarx, Fortify SCA or Coverity
- Understanding of application security vulnerabilities and preventions
- CISSP, GISSP or other relevant secure coding certification(s)
- iOS or Android Mobile application development for consumer applications
- Technical specification development, both internally and for vendor software
- Threat modeling of application architecture
- Business experience in and/or supporting the financial sector
- Security vulnerability assessment techniques during design, development and testing
- Operation of enterprise policy and standards for technologies and development
- Engagement of key stakeholders, both technical and senior leadership
Preferred Experience Level:
- 5 plus years of experience with public internet web and/or consumer mobile development
- 2 years of experience involved in testing, QA or security related activities (can be concurrent)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
We are a team of great application security engineers who work as a team to architect, design, build and deliver secure security solutions at scale. If this sounds like you then please, let’s talk.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Key individual contributor, with accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security & directory technology systems (software & hardware). Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design & implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Develops and implements security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse environment (e.g. client server, distributed, mainframe, etc.). Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Posting Date: 07/16/2019
Location: Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time