At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Business Services
Global Business Services delivers Technology and Operations capabilities to Lines of Business and Staff Support Functions of Bank of America through a centrally managed, globally integrated delivery model and globally resilient operations.
Global Business Services is recognized for flawless execution, sound risk management, operational resiliency, operational excellence and innovation.
In India, we are present in five locations and operate as BA Continuum India Private Limited (BACI), a non-banking subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation and the operating company for India operations of Global Business Services.
Enterprise Cloud Platforms Team:
Enterprise Cloud Platforms team in the CTO organization offers Private and Public Cloud platforms for Bank of America’s developers to drive faster time-to-market, innovation with private and public cloud capabilities, and reduce complexity with bult-in integrations. We believe in high quality engineering culture to engineer our platforms with customer and platform mindset, design for large enterprise scale and resilience, and accelerate market innovation into the technical platforms we deliver.
As part of this team, you will have a large impact on the evolution of next generation Cloud services for Bank of America and explore an extensive list of new technologies that will drive innovation across our company.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Architect to join our Enterprise Cloud Platform team and play a pivotal role in developing and realizing the hybrid and multi-cloud strategy of the bank. We are looking for people who are passionate about cloud technologies, and about using them to solve interesting business problems for our customers. If you’re collaborative, technical, and enjoy working on big challenges, we think you’ll enjoy working with us
- Experience in delivering large scale distributed enterprise platforms with focus on performance, scale, security, and reliability
- Experience in DevOps and GitOps models with infra-as-code, config-as-code, policy-as-code, etc. with technologies such as Terraform
- Significant experience writing Hashicorp Terraform configurations and modules.
- Experience with on-premises based Private Cloud and Public Cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud
- Solid understanding of cloud networking concepts, subnets, routing, load balancing, firewalls, and cloud security.
- Understanding of landing zones, cloud-native security, monitoring and logging tools, and Well-Architected Framework principals.
- Experience with CICD tools – Jenkins, pipelines, etc.
- Experience in native CSP orchestration stacks (e.g., Azure ARM templates, AWS CloudFormation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager)
- Experience in cloud-native logging, monitoring and operations tools – Splunk, Prometheus, etc.
- Experience in infra-automation tools and general programming languages – Ansible, Java, python, etc.
- Must be intermediate level in one or more of the following, with familiarity with the others:
- Cloud IAM
- Cloud network and security design
- Cloud IaaS design, including image creation and management using tools such as Packer.
- Native cloud services (i.e., CosmosDB, BigTable, etc.)
- Cloud-native Kubernetes services (AKS, GKE, EKS) design and implementation
- Red Hat Openshift public cloud design and implementation
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation, Salt
- Excellent understanding of the programming principles, design patterns and OO best practices
- Development experience in Python/ Java/ Golang. Experience building microservices and RESTful APIs is preferred.
- Experience in Agile development practices and test-driven development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Participate in the production of overall product design documentation. Key contributor to the engineering of Hybrid cloud platforms and components that comprise it
- Design develop and be accountable for feature delivery.
- Apply enterprise standards for solution design, coding and quality.
- Follow and promote best practices in Cloud platforms engineering, cloud operations, cloud-native application development, and cloud platform governance.
- Plan and implement the selection of new cloud services and tools to enable cloud roadmap
- Partner with Information Security teams to engineer secure app patterns and have “security from the get-go” model into Cloud platforms
- Communicate problems and challenges to drive discussions across key stakeholders –engineering, operations, developers, and leadership
- Write public cloud infrastructure as code automation using tools such as Terraform
- Design and develop public cloud landing zones automation to build core cloud foundational platform services
- Develop cloud services provisioning automation with integrated capabilities of IAM, network, security policies as code, and observability
- Implement built-in resiliency, observability, and enable FinOps as a part of infrastructure automation to enable cloud IaaS and PaaS services
- Develop and maintain cloud services catalog for app developers and devops teams
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, virtual machine images and containers
- Collaborate with technical product management and operations, to deliver the engineering roadmap in Agile model
- Partner with Information Security teams to engineer secure app patterns into Cloud platforms
- Promote an inclusive and healthy working environment and help to resolve organizational impediments/blocker
Experience Range - 7 - 9 yrs
Certificate if any: NA
Azure, Terraform, Ansible, CICD, Java/Python/Go, Shell/python scripting
REST APIs/ Microservices development,
6:30 AM -3:30 PM & 12:30 PM-9:30 PM with weekend support on a rotational basis.
Learn more about this role