At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Enterprise Cloud Platforms Team:
Enterprise Cloud Platforms team in the CTO organization offers Private and Public Cloud platforms for Bank of America’s developers to drive faster time-to-market, innovation with private and public cloud capabilities, and reduce complexity with built-in integrations. We believe in high quality engineering culture to engineer our platforms with customer and platform mindset, design for large enterprise scale and resilience, and accelerate market innovation into the technical platforms we deliver.
As part of this team, you will have a large impact on the evolution of next generation Cloud services for Bank of America and explore an extensive list of new technologies that will drive innovation across our company.
We are seeking an experienced Principal Cloud Engineer to join the Enterprise Cloud Platforms organization for the Enterprise Cloud Data Services team. This individual will be responsible for defining and leading the engineering approach for data cloud solutions at the program or portfolio level, to deliver significant business outcomes. Key responsibilities include continuously improving the design, quality, and reuse of the cloud solution and delivering cloud technology enablers that improve development efficiencies for the data cloud solution. The role will work together with our Cloud Architects, Information Security, Technical Product Managers and Senior Stakeholders to ensure we are delivering the right solutions for our customers.
- Design and implement cloud data platform solutions as part of our cloud enablement strategy
- Collaborate with technical product management and operations, to deliver the engineering roadmap in Agile model
- Partner with Information Security teams to engineer secure app patterns into Cloud platforms
- Assist in translating business requirements into technical definitions, reference models, blueprints, and playbooks for deployment in compliance with architecture standards and policies
- Assist technical Analysts and Infrastructure Engineers by ensuring that technology solutions comply with enterprise system design and engineering standards.
- Promote an inclusive and healthy working environment and help to resolve organizational impediments/blockers
This role is responsible for defining and leading the engineering approach for solutions at the program or portfolio level, to deliver significant business outcomes. Key responsibilities include continuously improving the design, quality, and reuse of the solution and delivering technology enablers that improve development efficiencies for the solution. This role is an expert in at least one area of engineering and act as a “go to” reference across the organization. As an expert, this role improves technical competency in their area through recruitment and development activities.
- Develops the engineering approach for the entire program/portfolio solution. Works with Architecture, to develop/analyze/deliver the implementation of technical enablers
- Leads the planning, definition, and design of the complex features which span multiple teams and explore solution alternatives
- Creates ideas on designing complex technology and solution development approaches
- Leads the technical oversight for teams in solution development including design reviews and code within own domain
- Defines the technology tool stack for the solution within ranged of internally approved and supported technologies
- Explores state-of-the-art technologies to improve development efficiencies, quality of test/QA coverage, and release management
- Leads and is responsible for the end-to-end test strategy/creation/adherence, and the integration between teams for a program/portfolio solution
- Technical Strategy Development
- Design Thinking
- Analytical Thinking
- Solutions Modeling
- Presentation Skills
- Modularization and API
- Database Technologies
- Change Agility
- 5+ Years Experience in Azure Automation and Serverless/PaaS environment is a must.
- 5+ Experience with data analytics technologies like Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Databricks and Microsoft Purview. Similar experience in AWS and GCP is a plus
- Experience in data technologies and contributed to the development of a data system
- Have a basic understanding of metadata and data lineage concepts, and the business domain
- Solid understanding of cloud networking concepts, subnets, routing, load balancing, firewalls, and cloud security
- Experience in enterprise-scale environments, building highly available and scalable IaaS and PaaS solutions
- Understanding of landing zones, cloud-native security, monitoring and logging tools, and Well-Architected Framework principals
- Has demonstrated industry best practices in data cloud solution design
- Has successfully introduced new technologies in large organizations
- Experience in Agile development practices and test-driven development
- Hands-on experience with Terraform Enterprise or Open Source
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work in a global team
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of Cloud Engineering working and execution experience in regulated industries
- Experience with identity management frameworks and tools
- Cloud provider certification preferred
- Experience with architecting software solutions
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role