Come join an exciting team within Global Information Security (GIS). Cyber Security Technology (CST) is a globally distributed team responsible for cyber security innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, cyber resiliency, access management engineering, data strategy, deployment maintenance, technical project management and information technology security control support.
This role is responsible for leading complex efforts to develop and deliver complex data solutions to accomplish technology and business goals. Key responsibilities include code design and delivery tasks associated with the integration, cleaning, transformation and control of data in operational and analytics data systems. They guide stakeholders, Product Owners, and Software Engineers through the design and execution processes. These individuals provide technical thought leadership based on the significant experience they have built through implementing multiple complex data solutions, and their knowledge of the interaction across multiple data flows and systems.
Primary Level of Engagement: Works as a team member under supervision from a more senior domain expert.
Domain Community of Practice
• Ensure that the design and engineering approach for complex data solutions is consistent across multiple flows and systems.
• Implement and design data application with hands on ability to develop in Scala/Hadoop applications.
• Conduct research, designs prototyping and other exploration activities such as evaluating new toolsets.
• Utilize multiple architectural components in design and development of client requirements.
• Maintain, improve, clean and manipulate data for the operational and/or analytics data systems.
• Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution without being afraid of challenging the status quo.
• Collaborate with development teams to understand data requirements and ensure the data architecture is feasible to implement and subsequently implemented accurately.
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/ non-functional requirements.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, data quality controls, dependency and workload management.
• Define and build data pipelines that enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business.
• Contribute to existing test suites (integration, regression, performance), analyze test reports, identify any test issues/errors, and triage the underlying cause.
• Document and communicate required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality.
• Adhere to team delivery/release process and cadence pertaining to code deployment and release
• Identify gaps in data management standards adherence and work with appropriate partners to develop plans to close gaps.
• Lead concept and experimentation testing, and synthesize the results to validate and improve analytical solution.
• Define key performance indicators and internal controls.
• Mentor more junior Data Engineers and coach team members in the delivery/release CI-CD events – (for example, branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, and release notes).
• Java/Scala programming experience
• Advanced SQL with data analysis skills
• Team/Technical Lead
• Ability to work with minimal guidance