Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support and Supply Chain Management.
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
Finance Data Management team enables the Finance Organization and supports data needs of finance business users
The Finance Data Management team is involved in various activities (including, but not limited to):
a) Data Management Activities: This includes implementing changes to different environments. Team is also engaged in activities such as Data Governance, Data Lineage, Production Data Validation, Master Data Management, Metadata management, working on Bulletins, Restatements & Change Tracker items
b) Data Sourcing and provisioning: The scope of EDA (Enterprise Data Architecture) includes defining and implementing data provisioning strategy to simplify the flow of data from all lines of business into critical enterprise functions. The provisioning strategy includes the definition of Authorized Data Sources (ADS) for domains of transaction data (e.g., mortgage), reference data (e.g., legal entity) and derived data (e.g., capital). This is an Enterprise-wide effort and team is expected to focus on developing/communicating data requirements for targeted Authorized Data Sources (ADS) and validating data in each Transaction ADS as they are built out.
Individual will be a contributing member of the Data Management team with engagement in activities like production data validation, data governance, master data management, metadata management, restatements, data sourcing/research, issue resolution and projects like ADS.
Team also provides financial analysis & reporting to our various lines of business. This requires strong database knowledge and ability to write complex SQL queries to fetch data.
Individual will be required to assist in performing following responsibilities (this is an indicative list and could vary depending on business priorities)
• Assist in Projects (eg. Authoritative Data Sources adoption): laying test cases & writing test scripts, testing data
• Data validation & reconciliation: production support, monthly trend analysis or ad hoc analysis
• Data mapping and analysis
• Query (using SQL) various databases, compare to source data, identify differences & provide resolution
• Support master data maintenance (MDM)
• Bulletin: Analyze impact of any changes to database, calculation rules, etc. and communicate accordingly
• Develop & execute test scripts, Analyze results of testing –identify defects and solution for items out of tolerance
• Ability to facilitate monthly production process, assist with project design and other implementation activities
• Assist in metadata management work – Creation of Data Lineage, Data Dictionary, Business glossary, Ensure completion and ongoing maintenance of the Data Lineage for various data elements
• Documentation – Provide Inputs on the Project documents etc.
• Continually identify process improvement opportunities
Good Finance background (Commerce graduate/Finance Post Graduates preferred)
Certifications If Any
9 to 12 years
11:30 AM to 08:30 PM (may require stretch during close period)
Mumbai & Gurugram
Learn more about this role