Senior Experience Designer for Global Banking,
Bank of America Experience Design
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
At Bank of America we are investing heavily in transformational programs that empower the bank’s commercial clients to do business with the bank “whenever, wherever and however” they want; as well as advance banker efficiency through automation, simplification and scale. Leveraging human-centered design, seamless omni-channel experiences and data-driven insights powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), Global Banking Digital is helping shape the future of commercial banking.
As a Senior Experience Designer, you will
- Create experiences that delight clients, achieves business goals and take responsibility for the quality that is shipped.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with product, technology and business associates, driving towards a deeper understanding of the business, the client mindset, and the technical constraints to ensure that projects are delivered on time and achieve business goals.
- Define information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
- Work with partners to map data flows to systems and interfaces.
- Push your craft, continuously improve your skillset in every aspect from the way in you concept and share ideas to improving the clarity of the documents and prototypes that you produce to communicate all the layers of an experience, the journey, information architectures, flows, interactions, and such.
- Understand design systems, leverage it to deliver great results while contributing components to help it continuously evolve and drive greater value.
- Evangelize and evolve our XD practice, culture and craft. Actively participate in design meetings and critiques.
You are a person who
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results. A “roll-up your sleeves” doer.
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Commits to delivery dates and delivers on time
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations (not remote).
- Is available to travel occasionally
You are a person has (required skills)
- 5+ years of well-rounded design experience with an outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, concepts, and selling partners on the great work the UX organization does.
- Work with the team leadership and the tech team to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Define information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics. Define system states and error recovery protocols.
- Create schematics and diagrams, documents that show how data and information flows through systems.
- Create journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
- Create clear, thorough documentation/prototypes to ensure development teams fully understand what they will be code and testing.
- Be a brand evangelist optimizing for digital interfaces.
You will be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints
We are a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role