The Mainframe System Engineer will be responsible for matching current technology with the needs of the company. As part of this task, the engineer engages in the maintenance and support of tools that supports a variety of users.
This requires fundamental knowledge of the Mainframe zOS operating system and a solid understanding of Mainframe Z System Automation, IBM NetView for zOS and Mainframe operations.
- Performing configuration, maintenance, and support of Tivoli Z System Automation requiring a solid understanding of REXX programming and Pipes programming experience
- Investigating and analyzing information to draw conclusions
- Working with minimum supervision and working as a team member with internal and external employees and contractors
- Writing and maintaining documentation and performing other duties as necessary.
- Working in after hours/ weekend support during an on-call rotation
Required Job Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with fundamental knowledge of the Mainframe z/OS operating system and a solid understanding of Mainframe automation and Mainframe operations
- Mainframe REXX programming experience
- IBM NetView for zOS knowledge
- Tivoli Z System Automation experience
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Ability to write and maintain documentation
- Ability to work on a 24x7 on call rotation
Desired Job Skills:
- BMC Remedy ITSM knowledge
- Pipes programming experience
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role