Senior Experience Designer,
Bank of America Experience Design
A common purpose guides bank of America: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to succeed. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists, and experience designers. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure and time-saving techniques.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Experience Designer to work on our Everyday Banking team - creating amazing user-centered experiences for our native and responsive platforms.
As a Senior Experience Designer you will
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, concepts, and selling partners on the great work the XD organization does.
- Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
- Create look and feel of the interface through color, typeface, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Work with the team leadership and the tech team to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Generate graphic design specifications for fonts, color, and layout and deliver graphical assets required to build interfaces across multiple digital platforms.
- Implements the mechanical aspects of a conceptual design for development, testing, and deployment.
- Define architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
- Design screens and interactive prototypes (InVision) that make up the experience.
- Be a brand evangelist optimizing for digital interfaces.
- Respect standards but constantly push where new ideas will improve the design.
- Help define product strategy, work with designers and engineers to plan and design new features, and evangelize the overall quality of what is shipped.
You’re a person who has (required skills)
- 5+ years of design experience with a dazzling portfolio of designs.
- 2+ years of work experience as lead/senior designer.
- Expert in user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes like Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Dual-Track Agile.
- Expert in designing for responsive web and mobile apps.
- Expert in multi-channel industry standards and best practices.
- Expert with InVision, Sketch and Axure.
- Potential future travel up to 20% of time.
And you are a person who:
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results.
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Master’s degree in design or Bachelors with compensating experience.
- Financial industry, digital agency, or similar experience preferred.
- Experience as lead or senior designer.
- Project management experience.
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role