A Strategist in Wealth Strategy answers client's estate and financial planning questions by performing a variety of analyses, creating recommendations for the client based on those analyses and integrating those recommendations into a holistic plan designed to achieve the client's goals. In addition, the Strategist plays a major role in driving increased revenues by partnering with Private Client Advisors/Private Client Managers/Trust Officers/Portfolio Managers on client/prospect calls, and with divisional and market leadership to develop client-focused initiatives.
- Oversees the planning engagement from start to finish
- Develops holistic, integrated planning strategies, with a focus on how GWIM can implement those strategies for our clients
- Delegates effectively to Associate Strategists and Analysts
Gathers data, runs analyses and develops solutions based on analyses
Creates final version of client plan
- Assists in developing and executing marketing and sales efforts, including speaking at seminars and writing articles for publication
- Proactively helps the Division Executives and Market Executives meet their goals
- Participates actively in developing new Wealth Strategy capabilities, such as white papers and software tools
- Keeps current with major developments in tax and estate and financial planning
- Mentors Associate Strategists and Analysts
- Occasionally work on Wealth Strategy-wide issues
- Gain client's respect and trust by listening to the client's goals and then building an effective and creative strategy for achieving those goals.
- Advanced understanding of a wide range of subject matters including income taxation, stock options, insurance, investments and cash flow modeling, business entities and business transitions.
- Advanced understanding of the transfer tax system and core tax savings strategies such as irrevocable trusts ,SIDGTs, and GST trusts.
- Advanced understanding of charitable and non-charitable split interest trusts (CRTs, CLTS, GRATs, QPRTs).
- Expand existing client relationships, assist advisors in new sales, and represent the firm in the marketplace.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Various Wealth Strategy stochastic models and planning software such as WealthMaster.
- Minimum eight years of planning-related work experience required
- JD, CPA, CFA or CFP required
- MST, MBA (or in progress) a plus
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role