Reporting directly to the Market Executive, The Market Investment Executive will provide leadership and management for a team of portfolio managers. His/her team of Portfolio Managers work closely with the Private Client Advisors in developing new client relationships and the Private Client Managers, responsible for on-going client relationship management for existing clients, as well as with the various Trust Officers, to assure the client of unparalleled access to a host of investment solutions and the provision of outstanding and seamless client service.
The Market Investment Executive must assure this effective coordination and collaboration among his/her Portfolio Management team and their colleagues in the other professional disciplines to successfully implement an integrated advice model for the client. He/she will provide leadership in facilitating and improving communication among the diverse members of the team by partnering with the Market Executive in his/her region. As importantly, he/she will be responsible for achieving sustained growth in assets under management to meet established goals. This individual may personally manage a limited portfolio of select high net worth accounts but his/her overriding responsibility is to provide effective leadership to and management of his/her team.
The Market Investment Executive needs to insure that his/her team produce investment solutions for their clients that exceed client expectations while driving corporate initiatives to reduce dispersion and improve efficiency; that produce appropriate asset allocation through diversification of their book of business; that build excellent client relationships by providing a “high touch” level of service; and that assure sound risk management practices are followed.
- The ideal candidate will have 7 to 10 years of proven leadership experience in an investment management environment which emphasizes high net worth investing.
- Responsible for strategically recruiting and developing Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Manager Associates, with additional responsibility for working to recruit and retain professionals in all client facing roles as appropriate (Private Client Advisors, Private Client Managers, Trust Officer, Wealth Strategist).
- Responsible for driving and articulating our Thought Leadership in the local Market; acts as the local ‘CIO’ in delivering that thinking to our Associates internally and, frequently, to our clients and prospective clients.
- Embraces our Private Bank Experience and Team Model as our differentiating business growth strategy.
- He/she will have demonstrated, excellent management and communication skills with a proven track record as a mature consensus and team builder.
- Previous accomplishments in a similar position will include: Managing a team of investment professionals in the delivery of world class investment solutions. Growing and retaining a client base while enhancing efficiency.
- Proven success in integrating business development, portfolio management, and trust services to provide excellent client relationship management and services will be essential.
- The successful candidate will be adept at business development and retention; Knowledge of the St Louis market is highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related area is required; a MBA or CFA would be highly preferable.
A compensation package commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications will be offered.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role