- Serve as an GBAM Anti-Money Laundering subject matter expert for Mexico (plus NoBraMex support).
- Assist in the execution of internal controls discipline and operational excellence within GBAM AML, including but not limited to:
Onboarding and Refresh process monitoring and issue resolution
Reporting on client population, metrics
First line CDD/KYC procedure implementation and maintenance
- Implementation of new LRR-driven procedures stemming from GFC mandated requirements.
- Interaction with Global Financial Crimes Compliance team, the AML Enterprise Process Owners, peers in other regions, and Front Line Units representative with the objective of facilitating communication, removing constrains and reaching common understanding of global and local requirements.
- GBAM AML representative for project and initiative implementation (including systems), as well as tasks that include AML training, audits and exams management, issues resolution and other items related to GBAM AML.
- Implementation and management of potential Client Outreach personnel based in country and abroad.
- Active representation in local committees and forums, including but not limited to Comite de Comunicacion y Controles, risk and compliance forums, operational risk, etc.
- Project implementation: PEGA/AWARE program
Core skills and requirements
- 5+ years of AML Compliance, Business Controls, Operational Risk, Process Design and/or related experiences
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide constituency
- Ability to interpret Financial Crimes standards and translate into implementable plans for GBAM LOB in countries of coverage.
- Solutions oriented and agile to adjust, react with optimism and professionalism by utilizing critical thinking skills / business acumen and resources to make sound business decisions and reduce risk
- Ability to interact and influence across broad audiences in multiple locations, including challenging status quo and pushing for change towards excellence
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Process design skills, data-management and analysis using advanced Excel and BI tools
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Portuguese will be a plus
Learn more about this role