About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Background: The Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) group is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Equities including Futures & Options (F&O). The group works closely with the business and provides application support. The group closely interacts with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
The successful candidate will join the APAC team based in Tokyo whose primary focus will be on providing front-line support for Cash Equities Trading Applications that covers the High Touch and Portfolio Trading business.
- Deliver 1st and 2nd line support for Equity Cash, Portfolio Trading and Derivatives Trading.
- Manage releases of new and existing applications to the production environment. Perform analysis and testing of new and existing applications as required.
- The candidate will be required to look across the entire production environment to aid continuous improvement with the state and supportability of production systems.
- Build and maintain relationships with business users and other stakeholders
- Work closely with Development and infrastructure teams to ensure that issues and defects are reported and actioned and meet business requirements and timelines
- Work closely with other Support team members across the Asia Pacific region and globally to ensure consistent service delivery and standardization
- Perform Problem Management and Incident Reporting activities including root cause analysis and documenting corrective actions and remediation steps
- Strong focus on Operational Excellence and implementing essential improvements
- Perform BCP drill exercises and work with BCP coordinators and assist with audits when called upon.
- 5+ years working experience, preferably in Cash Equities or electronic execution services
- Strong working knowledge of Equity OMS / EMS and FIX messaging
- Knowledge of High Touch, Low Touch (DMA/DSA etc.) and Middle Office systems
- Strong organizational skills (with an ability to multitask)
- Relationship Management - Is adept at managing and communicating with senior business management, end users and technology stakeholders
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems and platforms (Linux, Windows, SAN/NAS, Market Data, Networks, Middleware etc.)
- Knowledge of market practices for different countries across Asia
5+ Years’ Experience in the following technical disciplines:
- UNIX / Linux OS, knowledge of scripting languages – Perl and/or python
- Executing commands to trace orders flow and identify slow/pending orders
- Analyzing logs using common UNIX syntax and order tracer command set
- FIX Messaging Protocol
- Interpret FIX message strings and Tag values to resolve problematic orders
- Reset sequence numbers
- Identify problematic orders sent from 3rd party EMS vendors – Bloomberg, Trading Screen, ROR, NYFIX, Charles River, etc.
- Distributed Networks/Routers/Firewalls and FIX network providers
- Execute trouble shooting commands to identify slow network sessions and bottlenecks
- ITRS Geneos Enterprise Systems Monitoring
- Monitor and maintain Geneos Active Console
- Create and implement ITRS monitoring scripts using FKM, queue depth, order slowness, logs not updating, hanging thread, , latency, memory usage, CPU utilization and disk space used
- Ensure adequate thresholds and tolerances are used for triggering alerts and warning messages
- Middleware – Tibco EMS, RV and MQ
- Maintain RV and RVRD sessions
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages would be an advantage: Pearl, C Shell, Java, C#, C++, XML or TCL
- Equities Business Acumen: A solid understanding of the transaction lifecycle within the markets business for listed Equities products
- Communication: Ability to communicate both complex technical and business problems across a range of audiences especially during crisis situations
- Creative Thinking: Ability to generate new ideas and possibilities, and be creative in coming up with solutions for the business
- Client Orientation / Client Service Orientation: An underlying desire to service clients and a motivation to ensure that others needs are met
- Flexibility: The capacity to adapt approach in light of shifting priorities or changing conditions
- Team Orientation / Teamwork / Collaboration: The willingness to work as member of a team
- Japanese spoken and written language skills would be a plus to interact with internal and external stakeholders
Learn more about this role