Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
Bank of America is seeking a Systems Engineering Consultant.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for Batch execution, monitoring and support of batch cycles across multiple test environments.
- Triage batch failures in a timely manner, escalate and work with application teams and technology teams as necessary for resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring the batch cycles meet SLAs.
- Communicate effectively with both leadership, peers, and application teams.
- Provide leadership to other members of the team, both onshore and offshore.
- Adherence to standards and procedures for technical and change implementation.
- Analyze application batch flows and set them up in LLE’s with automation.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements, potential risks and increase efficiencies.
- Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives and/or projects.
- Application Development and/or production L2/L3 support experience.
- Strong triage and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and able to handle multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously.
- Experience/Ability working in highly integrated, fast paced and high volume environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly with application and technology changes.
- Ability to work in cross functional and multi-location teams.
- Good Communication skills
- Work well with team members.
- May be required to work in shifts.
- 5 – 7 year’s experience with the following technical skills.
- TSO/ISPF, SDSF, SAR
- File Manager, BMC and QMF.
- NDM and FTP.
- Financial Industry Experience.
- Good understanding of SDLC concepts.
- Autosys and JIL
- Unix Commands and Unix Shell Scripting
- RDBMS and SQL experience in Oracle, DB2, Vertica.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, Project,
- Ability to manage time effectively and in such a way as to control multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously
- Experience with automation scripts like REXX, CLIST EZYTRIEVE and Power Shell Script.
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role