Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Global Banking & Markets Operations (GBAM Ops) supports both the Global Banking & Global Markets Operations
- Global Banking Operations delivers end-to-end services and operations, and comprehensive financial services solutions. This includes credit, depository, treasury and trade delivery and support. There are 3 major groups within the global banking operations
- Global Markets Operations delivers end-to-end support for Global Markets sales, trading and underwriting businesses, and certain shared services across securities, derivatives, foreign exchange, futures, options and commodities products for Corporate Treasury, Corporate Investment Portfolio and GWIM.
Global Markets Shared Operation (GMSO) & Global Banking & Markets Operations Transformation & and Change
- (GBAM Ops Change) Global Markets Shared Operations (GMSO) Group is responsible for all operations and services common in both the Equities and Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities (FICC) post-trade operations platform.
- Global Transformation & Change is responsible for managing strategic initiatives, centralized business performance management functions, and for providing oversight for all large-scale transformation projects, Simplify and Improve efforts and the global change portfolio for GBAM Operations and regional T&O
As part of GBAM Ops Change Group, the incumbent will be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team whose mandate will be to deliver industry leading Front-to-Back process and technology solutions. Acting as a change agent, he/she will manage a variety of value-driven initiatives at every phase of the project life-cycle. Use his/her knowledge of processes and best practices within technology (application integration / application development), Finance/Middle-Office Operations and project management to assist in identification, assessment and resolution of complex issues/problems.
Assist in executing the enterprise-wide direction for GBAM Ops functions. As a member in the group, he/she will support front-to-back integration and change initiatives and be accountable for driving change and executing successful implementations.
As a member of Test management team within Global Markets Initiatives, responsibilities will include the following:
- Candidate will have the opportunity to manage testing of medium to large sized projects within GBAM Ops
- Will be expected to create test plan, define test approach, co-ordinate environment readiness discussions with technology teams, drive defect management and UAT governance routines
- Manage and execute deliverables specific to the region as well as Global deliverables, with reporting both locally and into the Global Program.
- Communication skills will be heavily utilized in forming and communicating a change agenda and gaining stakeholder buy-in.
- Partner closely with, Operations, COO teams, and Technology partners to define/re-define business processes and implement related technology solutions/workflows within Global Markets to support in Business activities like.
- Legal Entity infrastructure build out
- Industry Initiated Change build
- Regulatory Change rollout
- UAT for Key Initiatives
- BAU Issues Management
- Drive Issue resolution and Mitigate project risks.
- Reports on a program of projects with varying levels of complexity often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix of partners. Ensures transparency to key stakeholders, sponsor and champion.
- Assist in managing program/project financials, risk management, and partners with technology program solutions manager for infrastructure requirements.
Education: Any Graduate - MBA(Preferred)
Experience Range - 7 to 10 years
- Strong test management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines and work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Good understanding of financial products, basic IT infrastructure and Middle Office / Back Office processes & procedures
- Strong preference for a background in securities and having managed testing initiatives for securities products
- Acumen to decipher Regulatory, Legal and Compliance documents and prepare BRD, FRD and other business & techno-functional documents
- Ability to understand and drive Front-to-Back Workflow and articulate and understand full product/trade life-cycle in Global Markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
- Negotiation Skills: - Ability to negotiate with ground level folks and also with Line managers (Senior & Junior)
- Stake holder management (internal & external) across regions / functions / lines of business.
- Hands on experience with SQL / Excel VBA, MS access and Share point, and handling MIS, will be an added advantage.
- 1230 to 2130 hrs IST
- Open to work with global stakeholders outside of usual hours, when required
Learn more about this role