About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
We are looking for a Leadership & Learning Development (LLD) Consultant/Talent Management Consultant to join the regional APAC LLD consulting team, providing strategic, value add LLD consultancy and support in delivering the people priorities of the businesses as part of the broader Talent Team. This role offers an experienced LLD professional the opportunity to work in a fast paced, global, collaborative team, who are committed to developing and delivering world class products and services to a large and diverse internal client base.
The LLD consulting team are responsible for supporting the APAC ExCo with their personal, team and organization development. The individual would be responsible for covering our a number of line of businesses across APAC and will work in partnership with the Global LLD Team, Talent Acquisition team and Human Resources Relationship Managers to support the regional Senior Managers and their leadership teams with delivering their people strategies.
Scope of the role:
APAC region – supporting regional function teams in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
Support focused at Exco level senior leaders and their teams in APAC Region including key emerging senior leader pipeline.
- Build and manage relationships with senior stakeholders and business leaders providing strategic LLD consultancy across a portfolio of line of businesses.
- Develop strong partnerships with regional HR Executives and Regional HR Relationship Managers to ensure LLD consultancy & services are aligned to global and regional priorities
- Contribute to and drive the direction of the function by demonstrating a keen sense of collective ownership for the team success
- Drive regional succession and talent identification and development, culture improvement initiatives, employee engagement strategies, and other organizational development solutions
- Market and leverage the regional curriculum, and partner with the business, HR and specialist colleagues to ensure relevance and accessibility
- Measure and report on the impact of specified interventions
Assessment and Design
- Conduct organizational, team and individual leadership assessments
- Advise on developmental strategies and deliver broad agenda of innovative design in response to the business needs
- Use assessment data and insights to drive the developmental agenda
- Design and manage high potential and diverse talent programs
- Uphold the Bank’s risk management framework by ensuring that relevant risks are identified, debated, escalated and managed as appropriate
- Degree or equivalent in HR Management, Organizational Psychology or related field.
- Strategic perspective and thought leadership in a broad range of talent management, leadership & learning development
- Experience in operating and delivering in a complex, fast paced, global financial services firm (or equivalent) with multiple stakeholders
- Background in Leadership Development, Learning Development or consultancy, with experience of the consultancy cycle
- Ability to effectively engage and deliver through others
- Significant experience of designing, implementing, and managing change programmes (Culture, people, processes, systems related) leadership & learning programmes, organisational design and development and employee engagement
- Exceptional ability to influence senior executive stakeholders, flexing style and approach as required in a range of complex situations
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills and a results oriented mindset. Happy to perform a high level of operational work, mixed with senior strategic work, in close partnership with regional peers
- Tenacious, solutions focused, positive and resilient with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges and remain agile to changing business needs and priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once with multiple senior stakeholders in Lines of Business and HR
In addition, the following would be advantageous:
- Coaching qualifications
- Psychometric assessment qualifications
- Facilitation experience in leadership development initiatives and senior leader meetings
Learn more about this role