Participates in the development and maintenance of a business and system architecture and conducts business information flow studies. Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals. Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems that operate at low cost levels. Recommends the appropriate computer platform, work stations and communication linkage required to support distributed and client server business processes and information flows. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7-10 years of systems experience.
LOB JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Hosting Services organization builds and operates one of the world’s largest enterprise hosting environments.
This role will perform the following responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements, identify gaps and execute plans for private cloud and virtualization projects.
- Work closely with subject matter experts, system administrators, and operations leaders to ensure delivery of private cloud and virtualization solutions.
-Understand and adhere to GIS security requirements
- Identify trends and areas of opportunity, by turning data into actionable information related to the operational effectiveness of private cloud and virtualization solutions.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for analyzing data.
- Utilize in-depth technical knowledge and project management experience to design and implement solutions.
5+ years experience with cloud and virtualization design and solutions
• Good understanding of virtual automation workflow administration tools such as: vRA/vRO
• Demonstrated experience with VMWare and/or Azure
• Hypervisor ESX/ESX, Hyper-V
• Virtualization vCenter, vRealize Automation vRA
• Automation & Orch vRA/vRO, Powershell, Vsphere PowerCLI
• Security Active Directory
• Networking DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VLAN/VXLAN, Virtual switch/NIC configuration, F5 BigIP, SDN /NSX
• Database MSSQL
• API VMWare (Vcenter, VRealize, vRO) AD, WS-SOAP, REST, Data Format (CSV, XML, JSON, YAML)
• 5+ years of experience in Information Security and/or related technology field
• Strong problem solving skills, data validation, and testing to identify/resolve errors and exceptions
• Knowledge of hosting platforms, with emphasis on security and access controls
• Ability to articulate technical and business issues and solutions effectively to business or technical staff across organizational layers
• Demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking in complex situations and an ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete insights
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to highlight gaps and promote common understanding between stakeholders, engineering groups and operations
• Ability to operate independently and self-lead workload and projects
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field experience
Cloud Platforms: VMWare, Azure private cloud
• Hypervisor ESX/ESXi, Hyper-V
• Virtualization Software Defined Network (NSX) Software Defined Storage (VSAN)
• Automation & Orch Bash, Batch, Python, vRA/vRO
• Security Syslog/NG, Splunk (VRLI)/Cloudera, Qualys, VMWare VCM security integration, ESM
• Networking 3DNS, Cisco, Arista, AVI
• Database Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
• Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and respond to rapidly changing demands
• Expert written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role