Responsible for the local and/or global management and direction of market risk management functions within a Product Area or several Product Areas (Credit, Equities, Rates, Mortgages, Commodities and Derivatives etc). In conjunction with the GMR Executive, establishes market risk management policies, procedures and standards. Additional responsibilities include analysis of model risk, the implementation of the New/Complex Product Approval Process, limit approval authority, analyzing & reporting of market risk. The GMR Senior Manager will primarily interface with Senior Traders and Business Heads/Marketing Managers and the managers of other risk and support groups (i.e. Compliance, Finance, Operations, etc). Incumbents typically have over 10 years of experience in market risk management or trading. Product knowledge and trading or quantitative skills are necessary.
Responsible for market risk coverage for various businesses within Global Mortgages & Securitized Products (GMSP). GMSP is a market leader in the Securitized Products space spanning trading in Agency and Non-Agency asset backed securities and financing of high quality assets in the Asset Finance and Commercial Real Estate market. The role requires a holistic approach to risk management and taking into account all risk types. The role requires interfacing with various stakeholders including product heads, other risk and support groups and regulators. Responsibilities include ensuring effective review and challenge of business strategy, new product approval, analysis and monitoring of market risk, stress testing, and ensuring appropriateness of VaR methodology.
* BA/BS or equivalent degree from a top university with significant emphasis in finance, economics or quantitative disciplines (a graduate degree in finance or business, or CFA is a plus)
* Minimum 10 years of experience in related fields such as risk management, front office, and/or finance
* A track record of managing Fixed Income risk at a leading financial institution
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
* An understanding of the regulatory environment and impact on business/market risk
* Experience interacting with banking regulators
* Experience with CCAR stress testing
* Good understanding of Securitized Products
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.