Our BusinessGo to Search Jobs : Get started/Apply now >
Select a business
- CFO Group/Finance
- Consumer Banking
- Corporate Audit
- Corporate Security
- Global Banking & Markets
- Global Human Resources
- Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs
- Global Technology & Operations
- Global Wealth & Investment Management
- Mortgage (Legacy Asset Servicing)
- Bank of America Merchant Services, LLC
Bank of America provides financial products and services for our customers and clients throughout the United States.
To find out where you might best fit within Bank of America, we invite you to read an overview of each of our businesses.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group serves a number of essential functions within Bank of America.
Key organizations within the CFO Group:
- Corporate Investments manage the company’s discretionary portfolio and interest rate risk.
- Corporate Treasury is responsible for providing world-class management of the company’s interest rate and liquidity risks using a state-of-the-art framework for balancing the tradeoffs between risk and return. Our Treasury team's primary responsibilities include funding the company’s balance sheet, forecasting net interest income, managing relationships with rating agencies and fixed income investors as well as analyzing interest rate and liquidity risks.
- Corporate Planning & Strategy researches and recommends potential strategic acquisitions, divestitures and other business opportunities for the corporation.
- Corporate Workplace is responsible for 125 million square feet of bank-owned space and occupies facilities in 45 countries worldwide. Our team provides secure workspaces and delivers strategic real estate solutions that complement the line of business and Enterprise business objectives.
- Enterprise Capital Management (ECM) is responsible for leading capital management across the company. This centralized team helps to ensure efficient and proactive management of economic and regulatory capital. Our team works closely with other organizations at the bank including Risk, Technology, Finance, Treasury and the lines of business to ensure the appropriate level of governance to help define and execute the bank’s capital management strategy.
- Within Finance, line-of-business CFOs have key responsibilities for managing and providing strategic guidance to the business. The Chief Accounting Officer oversees the business controllers, and is focused on financial reporting, controls, regulatory guidance and policies and procedures. The Finance functions are responsible for strategic financial planning, forecasting and analysis processes; oversight of the internal control environment; financial reporting and strategic cost measurement.
- Our Financial Analysis team assesses the competitive position and performance of each of the businesses, identifying strategic priorities for the corporation and recommending alternatives.
- Financial Services includes Accounts Payable, Finance Operations, Global Sourcing, Enterprise Services and change management functions. This group maintains the underlying tools to facilitate financial performance, focused on technology systems and platforms, process excellence and operational risk.
- Global Principal Investments invests capital on behalf of the Enterprise to enhance strategic growth opportunities and generate returns.
- Investor Relations creates and implements programs to keep the financial community current on company performance and industry trends.
Global Compliance is responsible for overseeing “compliance risk,” which is the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, material financial loss or damage to the reputation of the company arising from the failure of the company to comply with requirements of applicable banking and financial services laws, rules, and regulations, related self-regulatory organization standards, and codes of conduct.
Functional activities currently performed in Compliance can be broken down into the categories below:
- Line of Business (LOB) Compliance – Advice and guidance to LOB’s to prevent and remediate violations of financial services laws, rules and regulations in their day-to-day business activities
- Corporate Compliance – Drives common standards, reporting and oversight for the Global Compliance function and adherence to the Global Compliance Framework
- Compliance Operations – Volume-driven operations serving the Enterprise
- Regulatory Interaction – Various activities focused on the coordination of regulatory agencies and bodies including regulatory relationship management, regulatory inquiries and exam management
Every day, employees in Bank of America's Consumer Banking group are working to make financial lives better for millions of customers and small businesses. Retail Banking, Consumer Banking Services and Preferred and Small Business Banking teams are all part of Consumer Banking and are focused on meeting the deposit, borrowing, saving, investment and small business needs of consumers. As the largest group in the company, our Consumer Banking teams serve approximately 51 million consumer households through checking, savings, credit and debit cards, investments, home equity lending and mortgages. Helping a family acquire its first home, assisting someone with establishing credit, paying bills via mobile phone, providing a six-year-old with a savings account, helping consumers save for retirement and funding a small business owner's dream — these are some of the opportunities we provide to our customers and to the thousands of Bank of America employees in our diverse groups.
Careers within Consumer Banking include our banking centers, call centers, on-line banking group, Preferred and Small Business Banking group, including Merrill Edge Financial Solutions Advisor™, and Home Loans, Mortgage Loan Officer.
Corporate Audit is a global team responsible for providing independent assessments of business activities throughout Bank of America. The group supports how the company manages risk by determining whether controls over key risks are in place and functioning properly. Corporate Audit also makes recommendations to management in support of Bank of America's strategies and business objectives. Our Corporate Audit team reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to maintain independence.
Our Credit Review team provides an independent assessment of credit risk and the quality of credit processes. These assessments are provided to executive management of the Board of Directors, regulators and other stakeholders.
Global Corporate Security protects Bank of America, its employees, customers and assets from a variety of threats and increasing risks we face across the globe. Through an intelligence-driven, prevention-focused program, our Background Screening Investigations, Protective Services and Security Operations Analysis Command Center (SOACC) business groups provide a safe and secure environment for employees and customers worldwide, protect the Bank of America brand, minimize risk and exposure from both current and emerging threats, and consistently deliver excellent service and results.
Global Banking & Markets
Whether you’re raising capital in Mumbai or hedging currencies in Stockholm, Bank of America Merrill Lynch can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Global Banking & Markets division serves large corporate and institutional clients worldwide; consisting of Global Corporate & Investment Banking and Global Markets. Aligned with these client-facing groups are Global Capital Markets and Global Research.
Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 13,000 clients across 13 time zones and six continents.
Quartz is revolutionizing the way Global Markets does business at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Quartz will become the single platform for pricing trades, managing positions, and computing risk exposure. It is a part of a multi-year effort to build a cross-asset, front-to-back risk and trading system.
Thousands of developers are using the platform to deliver applications to thousands of end users. As a part of the Quartz team, you will contribute to the technology that will define the future of our business.
You will work with a cutting-edge, massive-scale, highly-agile technology stack, including:
- A shared Python based environment for agile development
- Globally distributed object-oriented petabyte-class databases
- Linux compute farms on-tap
- A core framework of reusable business objects
- A multi-million line code base
- Automated tools for testing, integration, and global application deployment
Our developer community is our greatest asset. We invest in training and mentoring to improve technical and business skills through:
- "Quartz University" lectures
- Virtual, self-guided, and in person training
- Participation and sponsorship of Python conferences and events
More than 800 professionals in our award winning Global Research organization support the institutional sales and trading teams and their clients. Their expertise is at the core of the value delivered to investor clients. Our research analysts provide insightful, objective and decisive research designed to enable their clients to make informed investment decisions in six primary disciplines:
Global Equities employs over 500 analysts in 20 countries. Analysts conduct fundamental analysis on more than 3,300 companies globally, providing institutional and retail clients with industry-specific and in-depth research and analysis on more than 25 global industries.
Global Credit Research & GEM Fixed Income Strategy encompasses High Grade, High Yield, Credit Strategy, Credit Derivatives, Mortgages and other Structured Finance, Municipals, Indices, Emerging Markets Credit Strategy and Emerging Market Corporate Credit Research. Our analysts provide in-depth capital structure analysis for Corporate and value-added investment ideas for today's Credit-driven financial markets.
Global Equity Strategy offers in-depth analysis of critical global issues, across disciplines, regions and asset classes, providing clients with investment ideas and macro overviews.
Global Economics provides coverage of fiscal and monetary policy and economic news that move financial markets. Our team at Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Research, forecasts the key macroeconomic drivers for more than 60 economies, and we offer in-depth, thematic research on issues such as the liquidity cycle, inflation and demographics.
Global Commodities encompasses Fundamental Strategy, Derivatives and Portfolio Strategy, Metals and Bulks. Our team provides forecasts and recommendations on more than 20 commodities.
Global Rates and Currency encompasses our Rates, Foreign Exchange and Portfolio and Risk Strategy. Our analysts provide coverage on more than 40 currencies.
Global Corporate & Investment Banking
Global Corporate & Investment Banking focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 3,000 large U.S. and multinational corporations, financial institutions and financial sponsors. We provide strong advisory expertise, capitalizing on powerful mergers and acquisitions, corporate banking, treasury, debt and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions.
Global Corporate Banking includes both Corporate Banking coverage officers, as well as the product development and delivery capabilities that are part of Corporate Credit and Transactional Banking. We’re bringing together corporate bankers, product delivery officers and the product development teams to help us fully integrate corporate banking product capabilities with our client coverage model, further pulling the business together end-to-end in partnership with investment banking.
Global Capital Markets
Global Capital Markets originates a wide variety of equity and debt capital offerings as well as risk management products. When an issuer client decides to raise capital in the public or private markets, corporate and investment bankers turn to the Capital Markets team. Our Capital Markets team partners with the coverage team and advises clients on optimal methods to access capital, whether it is for acquisitions, refinancing or strengthening their balance sheets. The offerings can comprise equities, bonds, bank debt, private placements or a combination of securities.
Global Commercial Banking (GCB)
Bank of America Merrill Lynch serves more than 30,000 companies with revenues of $50 million to more than $2 billion.
Our unique client coverage model and close partnerships with other lines of business, such as Global Banking and Markets, Global Wealth & Investment Management, Consumer Banking and Small Business, enable our commercial client teams to seamlessly deliver all of the enterprise’s capabilities as integrated solutions.
Global Commercial Banking Businesses
Bank of America Business Capital is one of the world’s largest asset-based lenders, with more than ten primary offices serving the United States, Canada and Europe. Our team provides corporate borrowers with senior secured loans of $10 million or more, cash management, interest rate and foreign exchange risk management and a broad array of capital markets products
Commercial Real Estate Banking provides project finance, corporate finance and comprehensive financial solutions for public and private Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS), and funds, as well as commercial and residential real estate companies.
Middle Market Banking provides financial advice and strategic integrated solutions to commercial businesses with annual revenues generally between $50 million and $2 billion.
Specialized Industries provides healthcare, not-for-profit, education and sports industry clients with a broad array of industry-specific solutions. These include core credit and treasury management, and working with various partners to provide leasing, retirement capabilities and other capital-raising products.
Credit Products partners with GCB client management groups (Commercial Real Estate Banking, Dealer Financial Services, Middle Market Banking, Specialized Industries), Business Banking and Client Development Group to bring credit expertise and products to clients, executing a broad range of financing solutions that enable them to win in the marketplace. Our Credit Products organization also includes portfolio management and product management functions.
GCB Treasury Solutions partners with GCB client management groups (Commercial Real Estate Banking, Dealer Financial Services, Middle Market Banking, Specialized Industries), Business Banking and Client Development Group to provide expertise, experience and products that help clients maximize their working capital and achieve their goals. Our Treasury Solutions team also partners closely with Global Treasury Sales, Bank of America Merchant Services as well as Service and Fulfillment to deliver the full capabilities of the Enterprise to our clients.
Global Human Resources
We recognize that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to help make the financial lives of our customers and clients better. Our Global Human Resources (GHR) team is focused on making Bank of America a great place for people to work by creating an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals. We align human resources strategy to the business strategy, enabling the company to connect with customers and clients by attracting, developing and retaining a world-class workforce.
In addition to advising our clients on a wide variety of topics, our GHR team helps the company provide comprehensive and competitive benefits, development opportunities and an inclusive workplace for our employees worldwide. GHR employees must display strong business acumen, strategic partnership skills and a commitment to realizing the power of our people. Our HR teams consist of Global Staffing, Global Mobility, Global Learning, Leadership Development, Diversity and Inclusion, Advisory Services, HR Business Controls, Compensation and Benefits and Corporate Security.
Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs
The mission of Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs (GM&CA) is to proactively build, advance and protect the Company’s brand, interests and reputation globally. GM&CA is comprised of the following teams:
- Consumer Marketing is responsible for marketing and analytics, operations for online and mobile platforms as well as the design, development and delivery of digital user experiences through Online Banking.
- Enterprise Marketing and Local Delivery manages the bank’s brand through a Market President Network that integrates businesses, brand activities and corporate social responsibility activities with the aim of delivering one company locally to customers, clients and communities.
- Global Corporate Communications and Public Policy is responsible for internal and external communications that promote and protect the Bank of America brand and positively influence the attitudes and behaviors of key audiences, including employees, the media, legislators and customers.
- Global Corporate Social Responsibility leads efforts to improve our neighborhoods and create and maintain sustainable and profitable business practices that benefit employees, stakeholders and the communities that we serve through the Bank of America Charitable Foundation. This includes programs supporting arts and culture; Community Development Financial Institutions; Community Reinvestment Act and Low and Moderate Income programs; Community Affairs and Environmental programs.
- Global Wealth and Investment Management Marketing provides comprehensive, integrated programs covering the Global Wealth and Investment Management business, including U.S. Trust, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch Private Banking and Investment Group, Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions and Global Wealth Banking.
Our integrated structure ensures strong, coordinated and strategic management of communications activities with customers, employees and shareholders.
Global Technology & Operations
With nearly 100,000 employees and contractors in 35 countries, Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) delivers technology and operating services that form the backbone of Bank of America.
As with other Bank of America groups, the GT&O culture expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with existing talent, expertise, market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables GT&O to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
Key organizations within GT&O are:
- Consumer Banking Technology & Operations
- Global Markets Risk Technology & Operations
- Global Wealth & Investment Management Technology & Operations
- Global Wholesale Banking Technology & Operations
- Technology Infrastructure
- Enterprise Chief Information Officer
- Global Information Security
- Chief Operating Officer
A leader in technology
GT&O invests billions of dollars each year to develop and deploy leading-edge technology in the following areas:
- New capabilities for 30 million U.S. online retail banking customers and 13 million mobile banking customers
- Platforms for handling the trillions of dollars in client assets under management and the billions of dollars that move each day through the company’s wealth management, commercial banking and global markets businesses
- Platforms for global risk and capital management to enable real-time monitoring for management and regulatory reporting
- Expertise in everything from desktop support to data center management for the company’s extensive technology infrastructure
- Protection of customer and client information, which includes defending the company against cyber-security threats
- Management of enterprise data, including business intelligence analytics
- Technology expertise in disciplines ranging from coding to systems architecture to project management
A leader in operations
GT&O operations professionals provide fulfillment and customer support for Bank of America’s businesses. Every year, operations professionals in GT&O handle a mind-boggling flow of transactions with tremendous accuracy and efficiency. These transactions, which are the lifeblood of the global economy, include:
- $225 billion in wire payments
- 3.4 billion separate trades in stocks, bonds and other financial instruments
- 1 billion online banking payments and transfers
- 6 billion checks cleared
- 1.1 billion ledger items posted
Excellence in operating services is core to GT&O’s mission. Several client contact centers are perennial winners of J.D. Power & Associates recognition for “customer satisfaction excellence.” In 2013, the Merrill Lynch Retirement Services contact center was recognized by J.D. Power & Associates, as was the Corporate and Commercial Banking contact center and the Merrill Edge contact center.
GT&O was granted 119 U.S. patents in 2012, and has been credited with 1,500 U.S. patents overall. GT&O stays abreast of the latest innovations in technology and operations so it can support business colleagues around the world, and provide customers and clients with tools that allow them to do business with Bank of America whenever and wherever they want.
Women in Technology & Operations advocacy group
In addition to the Employee Networks and other interest groups that are available to all Bank of America employees, GT&O promotes an advocacy group called “Women in Technology & Operations” that supports female employees in GT&O through development, outreach and networking opportunities. Women in Technology & Operations has 1,300 members in 15 local chapters in five countries.
Global Wealth & Investment Management
Global Wealth & Investment Management (GWIM) provides comprehensive wealth management to affluent and high-net-worth clients. We also provide retirement and benefit plan services, philanthropic management and asset management to individuals and institutions.
GWIM is committed to promoting an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to our company. Visit our GWIM Diversity & Inclusion site to learn more.
Our clients have access to a range of services offered through the following businesses:
BofA™ Global Capital Management focuses on the needs of individual and institutional cash investors. Our clients benefit from a diverse array of investments, which includes domestic taxable and tax-exempt money market funds, offshore funds and separately managed accounts for those who require more customized strategies.
Merrill Lynch Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions delivers high quality investment advice and product capabilities to external clients and internal businesses. Investment solutions include equity, debt and structured products, and alternative investments and deliver due diligence and cohesive investment management solutions for client portfolios. This group within Merrill Lynch also provides administration, recordkeeping, custodial, communications, consulting and execution services to approximately 40,000 workplace-based benefit plans.
GWIM Banking provides Liquidity, Credit and Cash Management Solutions to clients of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, and U.S. Trust. Our clients' needs are met through a network of Wealth Management Specialists and Credit Specialists who provide banking solutions to clients through our Financial Advisors or Private Client Advisors.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management provides clients with a personalized financial review, hands-on advice and guidance through a network of approximately 15,000 Financial Advisors throughout the world. Clients with a personal wealth profile of at least $250,000 of investable assets can meet with a highly trained Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor who is committed to understanding their needs and supported by the broad resources of Merrill Lynch.
Private Banking and Investment Group provides tailored solutions to meet the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth individuals. Our clients are served by over 150 Private Wealth Advisor teams across the country, along with a team of experts in areas such as investment management, concentrated stock management and inter-generational wealth transfer strategies.
U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management, U.S. Trust provides comprehensive investment and wealth management solutions to wealthy and ultra-wealthy clients with investable assets of $3 million or more. Our company has 4,400 associates serving clients in more than 140 offices in 32 states across the country.
Chief Operating Officer, GWIM, creates and drives business and strategic planning across lines of business within GWIM and works outside of GWIM on key cross-organizational strategies and projects.
Merrill Edge is among the fastest-growing brokerages with strong asset growth. Merrill Edge brings together access to the banking convenience of Bank of America and investment capabilities of Merrill Lynch to simplify the financial lives of clients. Clients have a choice of managing their own investments using Merrill Edge’s online and mobile platforms or work with one of the Merrill Edge Financial Solutions Advisors in select Bank of America branches or over the phone to meet their financial goals. J.D. Power and Associates recognized Merrill Edge call centers for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” for the second year in a row. We are looking for successful individuals with proven financial, sales and relationship-building skills to join our program.
Mortgage (Legacy Asset Servicing)
Bank of America Legacy Asset Servicing is dedicated to addressing the special needs of distressed mortgage customers, and is committed to delivering fair, fast and final resolution to their situation. We provide solutions that range from loan modifications to foreclosure alternatives such as short sales and deeds in lieu; and in cases where foreclosure is unavoidable; we offer specialized support services to borrowers who must transition out of their home. We’re committed to hiring top talent to join our team and help provide the best possible customer experience.
The Legal Department is comprised of attorneys, paralegals and support staff located across the globe that manage the bank’s legal affairs and legal risks. Our Legal Department provides professional legal services for Bank of America and its subsidiaries by addressing legal risks and identifying opportunities for our business partners. As a key control partner for Bank of America, we understand the businesses we support and their ultimate customer, shareholder and employee goals.
Bank of America Merchant Services, LLC
Bank of America Merchant Services is one of the largest electronic payments companies in the industry. Our associates sell products and services to businesses that enable them to accept credit, debit and all other non-cash forms of payment. When you swipe your debit or credit card at the grocery store or gas station, you’re using the products and services that we provide to businesses of all sizes, from your neighborhood dry cleaner to the major retail stores you frequent every day.
Formed in 2009 as a joint venture between Bank of America Corporation and First Data Corporation, we provide clients with transaction speed, security and reliability, point-of-sale devices, gift card and loyalty programs, and transaction trend reporting across a host of retail and eCommerce platforms to merchants of all sizes.
For more information about Bank of America Merchant Services and current career opportunities, please click here.