Our BusinessGo to Search Jobs : Get started/Apply now >
Select a business
- Global Wealth & Investment Management
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group
- Bank of America Merchant Services, LLC
- Consumer & Small Business
- Global Risk Management
- Corporate Security
- Corporate Audit
- Global Banking & Markets
- Global Technology & Operations
- Global Human Resources
- Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs
Bank of America provides financial products and services for our customers and clients throughout the United States.
To find out where you might best fit within Bank of America, we invite you to read an overview of each of our businesses.
Global Wealth & Investment Management
Global Wealth & Investment Management (GWIM) provides comprehensive wealth management to affluent and high-net-worth clients. We also provide retirement and benefit plan services, philanthropic management and asset management to individuals and institutions.
GWIM is committed to promoting an inclusive environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to our company. Visit our GWIM Diversity & Inclusion site to learn more.
Our clients have access to a range of services offered through the following businesses:
Merrill Lynch Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions delivers high quality investment advice and guidance, and product capabilities to external clients and internal businesses. Investment solutions include equity, debt and structured products, alternative investments and investment management solutions for client portfolios. This group also provides administration, recordkeeping, custodial, communications, consulting and execution services to approximately 40,000 workplace-based benefit plans.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management provides clients with a personalized financial review, hands-on advice and guidance through a network of approximately 15,000 Financial Advisors throughout the world. Clients with a personal wealth profile of at least $250,000 of investable assets can meet with a highly trained Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor who is committed to understanding their needs and supported by the broad resources of Merrill Lynch.
Private Banking and Investment Group provides tailored solutions to meet the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth individuals. Our clients are served by over 150 Private Wealth Advisor teams across the country, along with a team of specialists in areas such as investment management, concentrated stock management and inter-generational wealth transfer strategies.
U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management, provides comprehensive investment and wealth management solutions to wealthy and ultra-wealthy clients with investable assets of $3 million or more. Our company has 4,400 associates serving clients in more than 140 offices in 32 states across the country.
Chief Operating Officer, GWIM, creates and drives business and strategic planning across lines of business within GWIM and works outside of GWIM on key cross-organizational strategies and projects.
Merrill Edge is among the fastest-growing brokerages with strong asset growth. Merrill Edge brings together access to the banking convenience of Bank of America and investment capabilities of Merrill Lynch to simplify the financial lives of clients. Clients have a choice of managing their own investments using Merrill Edge’s online and mobile platforms or working with one of the Merrill Edge Financial Solutions Advisors in select Bank of America branches or over the phone to meet their financial goals. J.D. Power and Associates recognized Merrill Edge call centers in 2013 for providing “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience” for the second year in a row. We are looking for successful individuals with proven financial, sales and relationship-building skills to join our program.
The Consumer Academy at Bank of America
The Consumer Academy is our training and career path curriculum that equips associates with all of the resources they need to succeed in their careers, including clear and distinct career paths to follow.
Visit The Consumer Academy page to learn more.
View the Merrill Edge Academy video to learn more about Merrill Edge and the Merrill Edge Academy.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Group
The Chief Financial Officer Group encompasses finance functions including Balance Sheet and Capital Management, Finance, Accounting, Corporate Treasury, Investor Relations and Corporate Investments.
• Balance Sheet and Capital Management partners closely with our lines of business, control partners and business support functions to ensure execution of capital-related priorities. This approach to Bank of America’s capital management process ensures the efficient and proactive management of economic and regulatory capital as well as the successful implementation of related initiatives.
• The Chief Accounting Officer group includes the Corporate Controller and oversees the business controllers and has a team providing finance support to Corporate Treasury, the Chief Investment Officer and Global Principal Investments. In addition, this team includes dedicated functions that deal with federal and state taxes; SEC and bank regulatory reporting; accounting policies; and securitizations.
• The Global Infrastructure Finance team provides financial reporting and controls for support teams across the organization. Responsibilities include strategic financial planning, forecasting and analysis processes; oversight of the internal control environment; financial reporting; and strategic cost measurement.
• The Line of Business Finance teams – Consumer Finance; Global Banking and Markets Finance; and Global Wealth and Investment Management Finance – provide strategic counsel and analysis to the lines of business, are responsible for executing all core finance functions and key control processes to ensure the integrity of financial results. The teams monitor and offer insight on appropriate market metrics for the business, helping to drive the business to deliver its financial commitments and contributing to the overall strategy. The Finance teams also ensure appropriate financial rigor is in place for all strategic initiatives.
• Corporate Treasury is responsible for providing world-class management of the company’s interest rate and liquidity risks using a state-of-the-art framework for balancing the tradeoffs between risk and return. Treasury's primary responsibilities include funding the company’s balance sheet, forecasting net interest income, managing relationships with rating agencies and fixed income investors, and analyzing interest rate and liquidity risks.
• Global Principal Investments (GPI) invests capital and manages investments on behalf of the enterprise to enhance strategic growth opportunities and generate returns.
• The Chief Investment Officer team manages the activities of the Corporate Investments Group and is responsible for ensuring that its actions are consistent with the policy, guidelines and direction of the Finance Committee and Asset Liability Risk Management Committee. The CIO has discretion in implementing the portfolio strategy to optimize execution and returns as market conditions allow.
• Investor Relations creates and implements programs to keep the financial community current on company performance and industry trends.
Bank of America Merchant Services, LLC
Bank of America Merchant Services is one of the largest electronic payments companies in the industry. Our associates sell products and services to businesses that enable them to accept credit, debit and all other non-cash forms of payment. When you swipe your debit or credit card at the grocery store or gas station, you’re using the products and services that we provide to businesses of all sizes, from your neighborhood dry cleaner to the major retail stores you frequent every day.
Formed in 2009 as a joint venture between Bank of America Corporation and First Data Corporation, we provide clients with transaction speed, security and reliability, point-of-sale devices, gift card and loyalty programs, and transaction trend reporting across a host of retail and eCommerce platforms to merchants of all sizes.
For more information about Bank of America Merchant Services and current career opportunities, please click here.
Consumer & Small Business
Each day, Bank of America's Consumer & Small Business employees are working to make financial lives better for millions of customers and small businesses. These teams are focused on meeting the deposit, borrowing, saving, investment and small business needs of our customers. As the largest business in the company, our Retail and Preferred & Small Business teams serve approximately 51 million consumer households through checking, savings, credit and debit cards, investments, home equity lending and mortgages. Some of the services we provide our customers to meet their financial needs include helping them to acquire their first home and establish credit, paying bills via mobile phone, saving for retirement and funding a small business owner's dream.
Careers in our Consumer & Small Business organization would include positions in the Retail Bank such as financial centers and call centers and in Preferred & Small Business within Merrill Edge, Home Loans, Consumer Vehicle Lending, Preferred Sales, and Small Business.
The Academy for Consumer & Small Business
Your first step to a long term career path
The Academy is Consumer and Small Business’s training and career development organization that equips employees with the skills, knowledge, and resources to succeed in their careers. Programs are targeted specifically at client-facing employees who together support 60 million clients nationwide with everything from basic day-to-day financial transactions, to investing, small business needs and home or auto loans.
Global Risk Management
At Bank of America, managing risk is foundational to our business and our ability to serve our customers, clients, communities, shareholders and employees. This relies on the sound judgment of every employee across the company regardless of where you work or what role you have. When we all take personal ownership for risk management and help one another succeed, it contributes to the strength and sustainability of our company.
The Global Risk Management organization is responsible for overseeing the company’s strategy and governance for risk management, maintaining relationships with regulators and supervisory institutions worldwide, and promoting a bank culture where risk is always top of mind.
Global Risk Management is comprised of:
- Enterprise Risk teams who work collaboratively across the company to establish companywide risk management policies, standards and programs; and who also monitor and report on systematic and emerging risk issues.
- Business and Regional Risk teams who work collaboratively across the company to oversee and monitor risk management policies, controls and governance specific to the bank’s eight lines of businesses and support functions.
- Global Compliance teams who work collaboratively across the company to assess compliance risk and monitor adherence to applicable laws, rules and regulations across the bank’s eight lines of business and support functions.
Whether you work in Risk Management or any other area of the company, we look to you to identify risks in all activities throughout the company, escalate concerns about risks that pose a threat to the company; and discuss, debate and analyze concerns so that decisions can be made that lead to better outcomes.
Global Corporate Security protects Bank of America, its employees, customers and assets from a variety of threats and increasing risks we face across the globe. Through an intelligence-driven, prevention-focused program, our Background Screening Investigations, Protective Services and Security Operations Analysis Command Center (SOACC) business groups provide a safe and secure environment for employees and customers worldwide, protect the Bank of America brand, minimize risk and exposure from both current and emerging threats, and consistently deliver excellent service and results.
Corporate Audit is a global team responsible for providing independent assessments of business activities throughout Bank of America. The group supports how the company manages risk by determining whether controls over key risks are in place and functioning properly. Corporate Audit also makes recommendations to management in support of Bank of America's strategies and business objectives. Our Corporate Audit team reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to maintain independence.
Our Credit Review team provides an independent assessment of credit risk and the quality of credit processes. These assessments are provided to executive management of the Board of Directors, regulators and other stakeholders.
Global Banking & Markets
Learn how we serve businesses, corporations and institutions worldwide
Whether expanding a local business in the US, raising capital in Singapore or hedging currencies in Frankfurt, Bank of America Merrill Lynch understands the challenges our clients face in the US and around the world. We use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury, as well as liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Global Banking & Markets division serves mid- to large-sized companies, corporations and institutions. It comprises Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, Global Corporate & Investment Banking and Global Markets. Aligned with these client-facing groups are Global Capital Markets, Global Research, Global Transaction Services and Wholesale Credit.
Global Markets offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
Global Markets provides financing, securities clearing, settlement and custody services globally to our institutional investor clients in support of their investing and trading activities. We also work with our commercial and corporate clients to provide risk management products using interest rate, equity, credit, currency and commodity derivatives, foreign exchange, fixed-income and mortgage-related products.
More than 600 professionals in our award-winning Global Research organization support the institutional sales and trading teams and their clients. Their expertise is at the core of the value delivered to investor clients. Our research analysts provide insightful, objective and decisive research designed to enable their clients to make informed investment decisions in six primary disciplines and Corporate Access:
- Global Economics
- Global Investment Strategy
- Global Equity Research
- Global Credit Research
- Global Rates & Currencies Research
- Global Commodities Research
GLOBAL CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING
Global Corporate & Investment Banking focuses on building long-term relationships with more than 5,000 large U.S. and multinational corporations, financial institutions and financial sponsors. We provide strong advisory expertise integrated with solutions for corporate banking, treasury and debt and equity underwriting across all major industries.
GLOBAL TRANSACTION SERVICES
The Global Transaction Services business provides liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange and commercial card services to small businesses, middle market companies, and to multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world.
GLOBAL COMMERCIAL BANKING
Global Commercial Banking (GCB) clients generally include middle market companies, commercial real estate firms, auto dealerships, restaurants, sports leagues, teams and stadiums; healthcare, education and not-for-profit organizations. GCB is one of the largest commercial banks in the U.S., serving more than 14,000 clients, which represents one in four U.S. companies with revenues of $50 million to more than $2 billion.
GCB is organized by geography and industry to deliver both local coverage and industry expertise. Our unique client coverage model and close partnerships with other businesses across the company, enable our commercial client teams to seamlessly deliver all of the company’s capabilities as integrated solutions.
- Global Commercial Banking includes:
- Bank of America Business Capital
- Commercial Real Estate Banking
- Middle Market Banking
- Specialized Industries (Healthcare, Education, Not for Profit, Commercial Dealer Financial Services, Restaurant Finance, Sports Finance and Middle Market Financial Sponsors)
Business Banking serves mid-sized, U.S.-based companies, generally with annual revenues between $5 million and $50 million, by delivering strategic financial advice and solutions to help companies grow, improve cash flow, manage U.S. and international payments, and invest for the future.
Organized by geography, our dedicated client relationship teams work closely with partners across the enterprise to deliver a wide range of integrated financial strategies, including credit, cash management, foreign exchange, equipment finance, merchant services and workplace financial solutions for employers.
Since many business owners and entrepreneurs often find their personal wealth closely intertwined with their business finances, Business Banking relationship managers connect clients with personal wealth management specialists in U.S Trust and Merrill Lynch, who offer employer 401k solutions and succession planning.
Wholesale Credit is an integrated underwriting, monitoring and product management division servicing wholesale businesses in Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Global Corporate & Investment Banking (GCIB) and Global Wealth & Investment Management. The business facilitates a streamlined local delivery of credit that improves the client experience and enhances productivity.
- Bank of America Business Capital is one of the world’s largest asset-based lenders, with more than 10 primary offices serving the United States, Canada and Europe. It provides corporate borrowers with senior secured loans of $5 million or more, cash management, interest rate and foreign exchange risk management, and a broad array of capital markets products.
Global Technology & Operations
With more than 110,000 employees and contractors in 34 countries, Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) delivers technology and operating services that form the backbone of the company’s retail, commercial and institutional businesses, as well as its key support functions.
A leader in technology
GT&O’s technology professionals benefit from billions of dollars the company invests annually to develop and deploy leading-edge technology in areas such as:
- Mobile and online banking
- Payments processing
- Technology infrastructure
- Risk and capital management
- Enterprise data management
A leader in operations
GT&O’s operations professionals provide operating and fulfillment services that sustain the company’s industry-leading businesses. Several client contact centers are perennial winners of J.D. Power & Associates recognition for “customer satisfaction excellence,” including the Merrill Lynch Retirement Services contact center, the Corporate and Commercial Banking contact center and the Merrill Edge contact center.
In GT&O, our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables GT&O to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
A business culture built on diversity and inclusion
Valuing our differences – in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity and experience – is central to our values and makes us stronger as a company. To build a diverse team, we respect every individual, and strive to help our employees reach their full potential.
In addition to supporting the many company-wide employee networks that promote diversity and inclusion, GT&O supports advisory councils and forums designed to ensure diversity and inclusion by encouraging development, outreach and networking, including:
- Women in Technology & Operations
- GT&O Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Advisory Council
- GT&O Black Leadership Advisory Council
- GT&O Hispanic/Latino Advisory Council
- GT&O Military Advisory Council
Global Human Resources
We recognize that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to help make the financial lives of our customers and clients better. Our Global Human Resources (GHR) team is focused on making Bank of America a great place for people to work by creating an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals. We align human resources strategy to the business strategy, enabling the company to connect with customers and clients by attracting, developing and retaining a world-class workforce.
In addition to advising our clients on a wide variety of topics, our GHR team helps the company provide comprehensive and competitive benefits, development opportunities and an inclusive workplace for our employees worldwide. GHR employees must display strong business acumen, strategic partnership skills and a commitment to realizing the power of our people. Our HR teams consist of Global Talent Acquisition, Global Mobility, Global Learning, Leadership Development, Diversity and Inclusion, Advisory Services, HR Business Controls, Compensation and Benefits.
Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs
The mission of Global Marketing & Corporate Affairs (GM&CA) is to proactively build, advance and protect the Company’s brand, interests and reputation globally. GM&CA is comprised of the following teams:
- Consumer Marketing is responsible for marketing and analytics, operations for online and mobile platforms as well as the design, development and delivery of digital user experiences through Online Banking.
- Enterprise Marketing and Local Delivery manages the bank’s brand through a Market President Network that integrates businesses, brand activities and corporate social responsibility activities with the aim of delivering one company locally to customers, clients and communities.
- Global Corporate Communications and Public Policy is responsible for internal and external communications that promote and protect the Bank of America brand and positively influence the attitudes and behaviors of key audiences, including employees, the media, legislators and customers.
- Global Corporate Social Responsibility leads efforts to improve our neighborhoods and create and maintain sustainable and profitable business practices that benefit employees, stakeholders and the communities that we serve through the Bank of America Charitable Foundation. This includes programs supporting arts and culture; Community Development Financial Institutions; Community Reinvestment Act and Low and Moderate Income programs; Community Affairs and Environmental programs.
- Global Wealth and Investment Management Marketing provides comprehensive, integrated programs covering the Global Wealth and Investment Management business, including U.S. Trust, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, Merrill Lynch Private Banking and Investment Group, Global Wealth and Retirement Solutions and Global Wealth Banking.
Our integrated structure ensures strong, coordinated and strategic management of communications activities with customers, employees and shareholders.
The Legal Department is comprised of attorneys, paralegals and support staff located across the globe that manage the bank’s legal affairs and legal risks. Our Legal Department provides professional legal services for Bank of America and its subsidiaries by addressing legal risks and identifying opportunities for our business partners. As a key control partner for Bank of America, we understand the businesses we support and their ultimate customer, shareholder and employee goals.