Consumer Product Strategic Analyst IV
Chandler, AZ; San Diego, CA; Pasadena, CA; Wilmington, DE; Charlotte, NC; - United States
Job number: 17003971
Back to job search results
Responsible for developing and maintaining quantitative/analytic models for multiple Small Business lending products with the goal of maximizing profits and asset growth while minimizing risk and operating losses. Develop complex program models to extract data and use multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial data. This role often possesses an advanced degree in physics, applied mathematics, economics, statistics/probability or another heavy quantitative discipline. Quantitative analytic staff is focused on and responsible for the development of the theory and mathematics behind various models.
- Develop, manage/sustain, and implement improvement modifications to SB lending product models
- Develop additional models for new products as needed/warranted
- Own the adherence to all model risk management policy and procedures at BAC
- Conduct all aspects of consumer behavior model development including problem formulation, stakeholder identification, model design, computer programming, data extraction, model estimation, model validation, model documentation, implementation, and monitoring
- Understand the deeper issues and independently structure problems
- Clearly communicate, and champion, options and tradeoffs with senior management
- Understand the core tradeoffs and biases in selecting a model development sample, and execute on data preparation by extracting and building datasets from complex data warehouses. Design randomized experiments to gather data needed to build still better models
- Write efficient computer code (mostly SAS). Use white space, comments, indentation, arrays, control blocks, and modularization
- Have deep understanding of both classical and modern statistical methods and the ability to apply them in practice
- Connect the use of the model with how it should be validated and monitored
- Produce high quality written model documentation
- Design models that can be implemented given corporate constraints, and influence the development of even better platforms to support future models
- Manage work streams by breaking down complex projects into steps and communicating timelines to stakeholders
- Deliver high performing, fully functioning models
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups including risk strategy, model risk management, legal, compliance, and technology
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics or related field
- Expert level programming skills (SAS/STAT)
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant work experience
- Deep expertise in modern statistical methods
- Industry knowledge, Small Business experience preferred
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Small Business experience is preferred.
Posting Date: 01/17/2017
Location: US-AZ-Chandler, US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-Pasadena, US-DE-Wilmington, US-NC-Charlotte
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.