Investment Consultant Platform Experience Team (Series 7 Requires)
Jacksonville, FL, United States
Job number: 19055302
Back to job search results
As a Platform Experience Team (PET) Investment Consultant, you will be responsible for welcoming new clients to Merrill Edge via outbound sales calls, educating them on the capabilities of the platform and deepening the relationship with additional products and services via holistic goal based conversations. Ultimately, you are in a position to make a new client’s first experience with Merrill Edge a memorable one that will lead to additional business in the future.
The role's primary functions include
- Demonstrate active listening; quickly and accurately identify client needs and articulate appropriate solutions
- Can articulate the competitive advantage of product offerings and deliver Merrill Edge value proposition through solutions targeted to client needs
- Has a broad knowledge of products & services available throughout the enterprise and can align to client's need
- Ability to align with client’s conversation style to drive better engagement and optimal experience
- Understand and proactively identify opportunities for additional business from prospects and clients
- Knowledge of investments and financial markets and apply key principles appropriately to the individual client's investment needs
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity and comply with the Guidelines for Business Conduct as stated by Merrill Lynch
- Demonstrate a passion for driving sales, following through on commitments, process efficiency and time management
- 1 year of financial advisory or investment sales experience strongly preferred
- Series 7 required
- Series 66 required, if not currently held, Series 66 must be obtained within 90 days
- Passion for excellence and willingness to work to exceed client expectations
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree (business related discipline strongly preferred), or 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Capable of effectively operating in a team oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Successful experience and track record achieving sales goals
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills, a strong team orientation and resiliency
- Ability to effectively manage workload
- Superior client service proficiency including excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Financial services industry experience
- Strong understanding and ability to communicate the suite of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America products and services
Posting Date: 08/12/2019
Location: Jacksonville, FL, JACKSONVILLE 3, 4804 DEER LAKE DR E, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.