Job Description:PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT MERRILL LYNCH DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR VISA PETITIONS OR OTHER WORK AUTHORIZATION, NOR WILL THE COMPANY PROVIDE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, FOR THE POSITION.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America
The role is intended to provide supervision of new account applications and ancillary documentation.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Perform regulatory mandated supervision of new accounts submitted by Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors or Merrill Edge Advisory Center.
- Working closely with key business partners including the local Market Office Management Teams and Merrill Edge Concierge by establishing and maintaining positive working relationships to ensure business is conducted within guidelines set by the Firm and industry regulations
- Communicating effectively (both written and oral) using clear, concise, and understandable language
- Producing regular commentary on items of concern, ongoing issues and recurring patterns
- Proactively anticipating and identifying concerns/issues as part of one’s daily responsibilities
- Demonstrating sound and consistent supervisory judgment based on thorough and systematic review of information available
- Maintaining positive outlook, receptivity to constructive feedback, and flexibility to accommodate changing processes, policies, and regulations
Successful incumbents will be expected to demonstrate the following core competencies:
Shows dedication to getting the job done accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of responsibility
- Takes pride in his/her own work; demonstrates a sense of commitment to work and willingly assumes responsibility for accomplishing objectives; is dependable, conscientiously follows through on commitments, and is accountable for his/her results.
Makes timely, fact-based decisions and acts decisively.
- Asks appropriate questions to understand all relevant aspects of an issue
- Acts decisively despite ambiguity and complexity
- Speaks and acts with confidence; appropriately shares his/her opinion
- Stands up for what is right even when challenged
- Seeks guidance when the right course of action is unclear
Adjusts to changing demands and requirements.
- Is comfortable working under time constraints
- Is constantly seeking to learn and advance his/her knowledge
- Remains current on technology advancements and implications for core responsibilities
Projects and maintains a positive attitude and professional demeanor despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Remains positive and focused during times of pressure or adversity
- Demonstrates an optimistic and enthusiastic approach
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Must have CURRENT Series 7 and 66 in order to be considered for the role
- Highly preferred, Series 8 or 9/10, if not already licensed, must be obtained within an acceptable timeframe (all needed licenses must be gotten within 120 days of start)
- Proven strong communication and analytical skills
- Proven detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Branch office and New Accounts experience or exposure
- 1 plus year of working knowledge of regulatory policies. Highly prefer knowledge of ML policies/procedures.