Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: The CFO Group– GBAM Finance
Here in our Paris office we are looking for a Global Markets Product Controller, covering both FICC and Equities.
Equities and Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC) are a lines of business within Global Banking and Markets. FICC and Equities provides sales and trading expertise in equities, debt, rates, currency, and commodities markets, in addition to partnering with Global Banking to deliver equity and debt financing solutions to clients.
Equities and FICC serves clients with well-established presence in core G10 markets and growing presence in emerging markets. Equity and FICC’s client base consists of institutional, corporate, and commercial accounts. Equities FICC operates ten sub-businesses consisting of Equity Execution Services, Equity Client Solutions, Equity Asset Management Services, Equity Synthetics and Securities Lending, Global Rates, G10, Global Credit and Special Situations, Global Mortgage and Securitized Products, Global Financing and Futures and FICC Emerging Markets.
You should have the ability to handle a changing environment as they will be part of the initial CFO team of a new entity. The role offers frequent partnering with the line of business, product teams, various Finance teams, Enterprise Capital Management, Risk, etc.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Business Finance Officer
- Prepares key financial metrics and management reporting for regional management and external stakeholders
- Understanding of the regulatory and reporting environment and provide assistance to the GFC and Senior BFC management in understanding FICC and Equities LOB P&L and Balance Sheet
- Prepares the FICC P&L Explain, Balance Sheet, Financial Results for the entity / region and actively engage in the P&L substantiation
- Works with the entity / region Regulatory Reporting team on FICC activities
- Provide assistance to Senior BFC management in understanding ICAAP and Resolution planning processes for the entity / region
- Price Verification
- Provides an initial review of Entity specific Valuation adjustments for entity management
- Works closely with GBAM Finance, GVG Methodology and other groups (Risk, Audit, QSG), to identify inconsistencies between valuation framework to other entities and escalate appropriately
- Participates in the ongoing review and challenge of GVG/BFC processes and documentation to ensure adherence with governance requirements from the VCG, valuation strategy and regulatory requirements
- Actively participate in model governance routines for the entity / region with MRM and other model partners
- Prepares consolidated reporting for all valuation controls to both regional management and external partners highlighting key items, movements and any expected future changes
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Bachelor's Degree, in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- Relevant financial analysis work experience, including FICC product knowledge
- Good communicator with the ability to identify issues and escalate effectively
- Proven Financial Control/Valuation control background
- Control focus, good financial analytics experience, comfortable with complex products
- Understanding of financial market dynamics
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Experience of proactively working on complex projects
- Excellent control mind set and escalation skills
- Excel and financial analysis experience
- Influencing and business partnering skills
- Ability to learn new systems and processes
- Solid Understanding of regulatory environment
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.