The Equity Quantitative Strategies Group (QSG) is seeking a Strat for a role within the Global Banking and Markets division.
The role requires working in partnership with Equity Sales & Trading, as well as technology and other support partners.
The role requires commercial aptitude and technical skills, as well as an ability to work directly with various groups in a fast paced environment to help deliver on the strategic objectives for the Equity business.
Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team is a must.
- Work on the trading floor together with traders and sales people focusing on the revenue generating activities of global markets
- Apply advanced statistical, machine learning, and data science techniques to analyse market and trade data
- Create pricing and valuation models for the array of financial instruments the firm manages
- Developing models and strategies that the business use to make trading decisions
- Create tools to improve the efficiency and profitability of the trading business.
Competencies and Skills:
- Degree and preferably Masters/PhD in a quantitative subject (e.g. Maths, Physics, Computer Science)
- Excellent object orientated programming skills, Python experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience maintaining and developing business critical software libraries or applications
- Good understanding of equity derivative products
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience working in a front office role, or within a team directly supporting traders and/or salespersons
- Proven track record of working in global teams, dealing with different parts of an institution especially coordinating with technology colleagues
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Posting Date: 07/31/2019
Location: 2 KING EDWARD ST - MLFC MAIN - United Kingdom
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 35
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.