Applied Decision Support Exec
Wilmington, DE; Pennington, NJ; Charlotte, NC; - United States
Job number: 19051997
Back to job search results
This position is a Client Reporting Executive role leading the 70+ person Product, Channel and Sales reporting team. The team plays a key role for the Consumer bank and sits within our Performance Management and Operations group in A&I. The reporting customers include Consumer Products (Card, Deposits, Home Loans, Preferred Rewards and Small Business), the Financial Center and ATM Channels and miscellaneous control reporting. This leader will manage a team of highly technical associates that use advanced Business Intelligence reporting tools to build dashboards, reports and self-serve tools. The team supports over 580+ reports with 13,000+ users and 100,000+ report hits per month, a few examples:
- FCC Performance reporting tool is a sales and coaching platform used by associates and market, region and division leadership to understand how the execution of business strategies are performing. This includes a robust self-serve capability used by associates in the channel to answer day to day business questions.
- Merrill Edge Performance reporting tool is a platform used to provide insight on topics like client assignment, client migration and sales performance.
- Card product reporting used by the business and finance to understand card sales, portfolio performance across dozens of KPIs.
- Payment reporting for the card product supporting a ~$6B revenue line with detailed interchange income related to card transactions. Key stakeholders are Visa, MasterCard and various internal customers.
As a client reporting executive, you will work with executive leaders across the Consumer Bank and in Marketing to define and manage the pipelines of work they request. The position will need to navigate priority conflicts, capacity contains and shifting business needs to meet client demand and maximize team delivery. The role also requires interface with leaders in technology to ensure the needed platform capabilities and infrastructure are in place. A focus on operational excellence is critical to meet growing client needs by increasing productivity. The team is looked at as a model to define the Bank of America way to do reporting and to promote sharing of best practices. Finally this leader will need to ensure their team has the education and skills needed to be a world class reporting team by providing coaching and direction that develops high performing associates.
- Strong working knowledge of the Technology data strategy and platforms – Hadoop, TeraData, SQL server and other data warehouses.
- Ability to shape data strategy and influence partners to ensure team data needs are met.
- Experience with use and capabilities of different BI tools – esp. Tableau and Microstrategy.
- Experience leading detailed data reconciliation and sourcing differences that are often identified at a senior level and have a high sense of urgency for resolution.
- Experience managing in a technical environment with high degree of complexity.
- Several years of experience leading teams that build reports.
- Demonstrated ability to provide the right tools and environment for technical reporting associates to thrive and grow.
- Ability to listen to the team to identify and resolve complex data and platform issues that provide leverage for the team.
Posting Date: 08/02/2019
Location: Wilmington, DE, BRACEBRIDGE II, 1020 N FRENCH ST, Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 5, 1500 AMERICAN BLVD, Charlotte, NC, ONE BANK OF AMERICA CENTER, 150 N COLLEGE ST, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.