Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: CTO
Are you a dedicated Tech professional who acts with integrity? Want to join a world-leading bank with a state of the art Technology function? Here in our Paris office we are currently recruiting for a dynamic Technical Support Analyst.
In this role you will support critical end user office and trading systems through maintenance, modification, and problem resolution to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. Additionally you will serve as a fully proficient technical resource, providing technical knowledge and capability as both a member of our team and an individual contributor.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Acting as the first point of support for desktop and application incidents
- Building a positive relationship with the office employees and Application Development Team
- Receiving and logging calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
- Identifying, diagnosing, and resolving functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
- Highlighting functionality issues to developers
- Assisting in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
- Developing and utilising appropriate tools to perform work
Client Relationship Management:
- Building a deep understanding of your client’s business and recommending, providing, and supporting an application service that is the best fit for the client’s current and future needs
- Communicates status with end users at all times
- Contributing to continuous improvement
- Dedicatedly supports collaborative interactions
- Being responsible for tracking change requests and high severity incidents in accordance with defined service levels
Advanced Application functions:
- Report fixing/custom report generating
- Advanced user configuration options
- Support and use of these functions at request of users
- Participation in a rota system to ensure adequate coverage across all desks
- Weekend working to support critical business initiatives such as start of week checks, application rollouts, infrastructure changes or Disaster Recovery tests
What skills and competencies will you possess?
- Desktop &/or Application Support experience
- Knowledge of Global Markets and the mainstream products in use
- Good technical knowledge: Unix/Linux; Database (Sybase/SQL/Oracle), Perl, Shell scripting, Infrastructure
- Experience in Monitoring & Alerting, and Job Scheduling systems
- Confidence when taking care of internal user base (Sales & Trading)
- Client relationship/service management experience
- ITIL understanding
- Self-aware - you can multi-task and work on your own initiative
- The ability to work in a high energy, demanding environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding the needs, requirements and the pressures the users are under
- Able to prioritise continually to ensure that service levels are adhered to
- Excellent verbal/written interpersonal skills
- Problem solver - both technical and business related problems
- Teamwork skills
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 19 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.