Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: GCOR
Here in our Paris office we are looking to recruit an EAC Compliance Operational Risk Analyst to join our Compliance officer team. You will assist the Compliance officer team, under close supervision, in activities that contribute to the independent compliance oversight of Front Line Unit (“FLU”) and Control Function (“CF”) performance and any related third party/vendor relationships in alignment with the Compliance Risk Management (“CRM”) Program and the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy (“GC Policy”).
As an individual contributor member of a FLU or CF compliance officer team, you will promote a culture of compliance and the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance risks by assisting FLU or CF Compliance teams
Global Compliance is an independent, centralised governance and control function with responsibility for dedicatedly managing compliance risk, including establishing compliance program standards and policies and executing compliance testing and monitoring. The mission of Global Compliance is to drive a Culture of Compliance® with laws and regulations in pursuit of the highest ethical standards for our customers, employees and shareholders.
Our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables us to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Build and maintain a regulatory inventory
- Update relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements for FLU/CF
- Contribute to compliance risk assessments
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls for FLU/CF
- Identify, aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements for FLU/CF
- Execute governance and management routines
- identify compliance training needs and inspect FLU/CF and third party participation for FLU/CF
- Assist with preparations for regulatory exams and audits for FLU/CF
- Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed for FLU/CF
- Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance Manager or Executive
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Prior experience in process from the approval of 'Professional Licenses' in France
- Understanding of AMF/ACPR Regulations
- Project Management experience
- Advanced computer skills are helpful
- Good team attitude, willing to interact and discuss issues in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to quickly develop effective working relationships
- Flexible and solutions-focused perspective; keen problem solver with a determination to seek answers to complex issues
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 19 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.