Retirement & Personal Wealth Solutions (RPWS) serves the core financial needs of individual clients and plan participants by connecting our capabilities across the firm. RPWS is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive set of personal wealth and retirement products and services through Banking, Merrill Edge and Advisory channels. RPWS provides tools and content that enables financial advisors and bankers to help their client’s live better financial lives.
The Internal Trust Specialist (ITS) position is located in Hopewell, New Jersey.
The ITS works in a fast paced and dynamic corporate environment providing guidance on trust company administration and the fiduciary investment offerings to ultra-high net worth clients of Merrill Lynch Financial Advisors. This individual is responsible for partnering with a field based External Trust Specialist working in an assigned geographic territory. Results are accomplished through a consultative sales approach in offering trust company administration and fiduciary services to both newly implemented and existing estate plans which requires the individual to understand complex estate planning transactions in order to effectively communicate the requirements of administration to financial advisors, clients, attorneys, and CPAs. The individual will also need to work with the Financial Advisor to coordinate the firm’s investment offerings to ensure that they are consistent with applicable fiduciary investing rules.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist Financial Advisors in selling trust company services to existing and prospective clients which will require technical conversations with the clients, attorneys, and CPAs
• Educate financial advisors and business partners on wealth transfer techniques and fiduciary investment and administration requirements of trusts
• Advise financial advisors on suitability of investments for trusts considering applicable fiduciary investment rules
• Perform book reviews to identify clients who may be good candidates for trust company services
• Make proactive calls to the firm’s financial advisors to discuss identified opportunities and strengthen relationships with the financial advisors
• Utilize appropriate software to track sales activities
• Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer candidates with JD degree
• Previous Trust and/or Managed Money experience with proven Sales experience
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Series 7 and Series 63/65 or 66 required (or ability to obtain in 120 days)
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and clearly defined measurements
• Flexible and adaptable to high paced work environment
• Self-motivated, positive attitude and high energy are a must
• Ability to work as part of team
• Travel 20%
Posting Date: 04/29/2019
Location: Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 3, 1300 AMERICAN BLVD, - United States
Travel: Yes, 20% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.