- Bank of America planning to build strong API platform using next gen technologies. The Developer work side by side with business partners to ensure expected quality software is built to serve our customers and clients. They will be responsible for understanding the business requirements, Build/enhance application components to support the requirement, enabling testing organization to certify the application, Support technology infrastructure team in production deployment and transitioning to support team. The Developer is expected to learn the business and technical components of an application and Work with their peers to follow enterprise software development methodologies. Grow your career in our dynamic and fast paced environment of diverse software platforms and challenging projects that shape the future of the banking industry. Will not have direct reports. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- 5+ years of relevant IT software experience (Development SDLC lifecycle)
- Must have 5+ years of experience in MuleSoft development
- 5+ years of experience in JAVA development
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Batch Strong Core Java Skills
- Experience in building REST APIs (JAXRS/Swagger/YAML) technologies and Development approaches
- Experience in Web Services (JAXRPC or JAXWS) technologies and Development approaches.
- Basic Knowledge of XML Schema and Processing Technologies (Parsers, JAXB, XSLT, etc)
- Good Understanding of Core Java Patterns and J2EE Design Patterns ( like Adapters, Business Objects, Delegates, Service Locator, Singleton, DAO, DTO)
- At least 2 of the following: Websphere/Weblogic/Apache/Tomcat/JBOSS
- Basic knowledge of source code management Git, Bitbucket, Team Foundation Server and others
- Knowledge of build tools and processes like Maven, Ant and others
- Working knowledge of build automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using tools like Jenkins, Ansible Tower and others
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- IDE - Eclipse
- Strong database background on one or more of these databases: Vertica, Mainframe, DB2, Teradata, Cassandra, Oracle etc.
- Experience in using RDBMS/SQL Familiarity and Exposure to Oracle is a plus.
- RDBMS - Oracle/MSSQL
- Programming in the Windows environment
- Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
- Ability to acquire business domain knowledge quickly and effectively to take a role of subject matter expert for multiple applications
- Deep understanding of the software development and support process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit a strong sense of teamwork and inclusiveness.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative, capable of, providing technical solutions.
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Bachelor degree in IT related field or Science & Engineering
- Knowledge in Microsoft .net
- Good troubleshoot experience, system level knowledge
- PLSQL knowledge
- Frameworks - Struts and JSF
- SQL Stored Procedures
- UNIX Commands
- Familiarity with MQ Middleware
- Prior banking/finance experience of working with globally distributed teams
- Able to contribute to Automation, System Analysis and Develop shared/common solutions
- Able to identify risks and mitigation
Posting Date: 02/11/2019
Location: Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 5, 1500 AMERICAN BLVD, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.