Corporate Title: up to Assistant Vice-President
Location: Camberley or Paris
Line of Business: HR – Shared Services
An exciting opportunity as a French Payroll Analyst is available for a dedicated professional. As part of our growing HR Shared Services team, you will be coordinating the end to end payroll process for France and a small number of countries within the EMEA region. This will include collation, data entry and processing of various payroll related transactions.
At Bank of America Merrill Lynch, our most important asset is our people. We recognise that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to achieving our vision to become the world's finest financial services company. The Global Human Resources team is focused on making Bank of America Merrill Lynch the best place for people to work by creating an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals. Our team aligns human resources strategy to the business strategy, enabling the company to make opportunity possible for customers and clients through attracting, developing and retaining a world-class workforce.
In addition to advising our clients on a wide variety of topics, the Global Human Resources team helps the company provide comprehensive and competitive benefits, development opportunities and an inclusive workplace for our more than 265,000 employees worldwide. Our Global Human Resources employees must display excellent business acumen, strategic partnership skills and a commitment to embracing the power of our people.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Inputting, checking and reconciling the payroll information to achieve accurate, timely and compliant payments to employees, government agencies and third party providers (pensions, insurances etc.)
- Ensuring that all statutory reporting deadlines are met
- Answering payroll queries from employees and other key stakeholder i.e. HR, Finance etc.
- Updating standard operating procedure (SOP) documents each month as required
- Provide back up in the team for other countries as required
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Experience of French payroll with knowledge of French payroll legislation and statutory obligations
- Ability to manage senior level stakeholders
- High degree of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Being able to organise and prioritise the workload and manage multiple tasks / deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and level of service
- Must be dedicated in driving efficiencies and producing new ideas to improve the current processes
- Good PC skills, including intermediate Excel (Pivot Table, Vlookup)
- Ability to work under own initiative to drive efficiencies and new ideas for a better working environment
- Excellent team player with the ability to build effective team relationships and promote an environment of trust and flexibility
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage numerous deadlines, in line with the various payroll deadlines
- French language skills will be considered advatnagous but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- The motivation and determination to be curious and increase their own knowledge by asking questions and using all available resources
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships across the organisation and promote an environment of trust and flexibility
- Must have the ability to recognise potential problems at an early stage and work towards identifying solutions
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with partners across the region
- Previous experience of implementing new payroll software is helpful
- Previous banking experience desirable but not critical
- Understanding of payroll accounting and finance
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.