Sr Experience Designer for Design Systems, Bank of America
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes strategic, interaction, visual and motion designers, design program managers, content strategists, and design technologists who are constantly iterating, problem solving, and collaborating to create digital experiences that will help customers reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As a Sr Experience Designer working in Design Systems you will
Create, implement, manage, and evangelize standards and best practices across all types of experiences. You will use your broad design skills to ensure that patterns are well rationalized and documented and that styles express our brand but are optimized for context and technical platform. You will educate all XD designers in the proper use of design system elements while encouraging continuous improvement to keep up with the ever-changing design landscape. You will manage the process to create new standard and grant exceptions where reasonable. You will work closely with technology and testing to find the right balance between reusable high-performance designs and customization that delights our customers.
You’re a person who has (required skills)
- 8+ years of well-rounded design experience
- An outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence
- Experience building UX component and asset libraries for cross-team use
- Project lead experience with a track record of inspiring your team to deliver world-class design
- Expertise in designing for mobile applications and responsive web
- Mastery of Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and other design and management tools
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing design systems (human interface and style guidelines)
And you are a person who:
- Thinks beyond one design solution and one technical platform, seeking smart reusability and variability
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners
- Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions
- Owns your schedule and delivers on time
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations (not remote)
- Is available to travel occasionally
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Financial or similar industry experience
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Posting Date: 01/11/2019
Location: Boston, MA, 225 FRANKLIN ST (MA1225), Charlotte, NC, ONE BANK OF AMERICA CENTER, 150 N COLLEGE ST, - United States
Travel: Yes, 20% of the time