This quantitative strategist position will drive application of machine learning and big data techniques across different areas of the Global Markets franchise (spanning Equity, Rates, Credit, FX and Commodity).
The scope of work can include projects relating to sales, structuring or algorithmic trading desks, amongst others.
Experience in application of machine learning and AI to questions related to the financial markets (within sales, systematic/algorithmic trading, structuring, security lending).
Market knowledge and deep domain expertise around select front-office functionality is desirable.
As a data strategist, you will help to drive the transformation of our business to be data-driven, tech-savvy and AI-powered. Working on select projects, you will analyze structured/unstructured, external/internal data sets to derive insights to enhance revenue, propose solutions to mitigate risks/costs and create new products for our clients. You will also interface with external clients and internal stakeholders to present your work and consult, as needed.
- Understanding of data analysis tools spanning statistics, machine learning, econometrics and signal processing is a must.
- Experience with big data engineering tools (Hadoop/Spark, Kafka) is desirable. Need strong programming skills in Python/R; experience in other languages (C++/Java) will be a substitute.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills are required
- Strong Communication skills
- Commercial Mindset
- Strong programming experience, ideally in Python, C++ or Java
- Strong statistical / data analysis skills; other preferred skills include machine learning, optimization techniques, high performance numerical computing.
- Great communication skills
- An ability to work well independently and in teams
- A commercial mindset and an interest in financial markets and quantitative finance
- A strong academic background at undergraduate or, ideally, Masters/PhD level in a quantitative subject (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or other analytical background)
Posting Date: 01/24/2019
Location: New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.