Principal Experience Designer
San Francisco, CA; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; - United States
Job number: 18075456
Back to job search results
Principal Experience Designer
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes strategic, interaction, visual and motion designers, design program managers, content strategists, and design technologists who are constantly iterating, problem solving, and collaborating to create digital experiences that will help customers reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As a principal experience designer, you will
Help define product strategy, work with designers and engineers to plan and design new features, and own the overall quality of what is shipped. Create, implement, manage, and evangelize standards and best practices across all types of experiences. You will use your broad design skills to ensure that patterns are well rationalized and documented and that styles express our brand but are optimized for context and technical platform. You will educate all XD designers in the proper use of design system elements while encouraging continuous improvement to keep up with the ever-changing design landscape. You will manage the process to create new standard and grant exceptions where reasonable. You will work closely with technology and testing to find the right balance between reusable high-performance designs and customization that delights our customers.
You’re a person who has
- 10+ years of well-rounded design experience
- An outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence
- Strong experience building multiple UX component and asset libraries for cross-team use
- Strong project and team leadership experience with a track record of inspiring your team to deliver world-class solutions
- Expertise in designing for mobile applications, responsive web, and other digital interfaces
- Mastery of Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and other design and management tools
- Mastery of design systems infrastructure and tools that enable operational excellence
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing design systems (human interface and style guidelines)
And you are a person who:
- Thinks beyond one design solution and one technical platform, seeking smart reusability and variability
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners
- Proactively seeks out strategic partnerships across organizations at every level
- Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions
- Owns your schedule and delivers on time
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations (not remote)
- Is available to travel occasionally
You’ll be better prepared if you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Financial or similar industry experience
- Mastery of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints
We’re a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital
Bank of America will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law applicable to Bank of America.
Posting Date: 02/11/2019
Location: San Francisco, CA, 315 MONTGOMERY ST (CA5704), Boston, MA, FRANKLIN STREET BC, 65 Franklin St, Charlotte, NC, ONE BANK OF AMERICA CENTER, 150 N COLLEGE ST, - United States
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.