U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management is a leading private wealth management organization providing vast resources and customized solutions to help meet clients' wealth structuring, investment management, banking and credit needs. Clients are served by teams of experienced advisors offering a range of financial products and services, including investment management, financial and succession planning, philanthropic and specialty asset management, family office services, custom credit solutions, financial administration and family trust stewardship.
U.S. Trust is part of the Global Wealth and Investment Management unit of Bank of America, N.A., which is a global leader in wealth management, private banking and retail brokerage. U.S. Trust employs more than 4,100 professionals and maintains 135 offices in 33 states.
The Client Sales and Service Officer has primary responsibility for supporting all client post sales activities, by monitoring and executing all tasks required to fulfill the client service plan and meet day-to-day inquiries from the client. The CSSO manages the execution of client service activities such as initiating and monitoring account opening and asset transfers; handling client inquiries; and coordinating with specialists and service centers to deliver an integrated service to the client. Minimum of 3-5 years' experience required with a financial institution focusing on client service and sales, preferably in the high net worth space. Unlicensed. This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
In Scope Direct Responsibilities
- COO for Sales Team responsible for daily operations of the team including but not limited to account maintenance, client complaints and fraud management, money movement. Initiates and monitors account opening process for team and asset transfers; handles client inquiries related to on-boarding process and/or product requests. Manages AML/KYC process for team including new accounts as well as refresh.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all management reporting and deadlines including credit past due docs/payments, KYC refresh management, Pro Exceptions and Signature Cards. Serves as a “triage” point for specialists and service centers including but not limited to account setup, monitoring and maintenance (overdrafts, fraudulent activities, etc.), wire processing, business and credit card applications, foreign currency orders, credit and lending.
- Compliance and risk adherence working in conjunction with business control partners and client business manager. Lead on all Client Escalation Committee (CEC) reviews for Sales Team clients including business case prep and coordination of approval/support for escalation.
- Coordinate with specialists including Trust, Family Office and Custody officers as well as centralized service centers to deliver an integrated service to the client and identify and resolve issues in an effective and timely manner
- Manage and execute client transactions across banking, credit, and investment products (may be performed by service center at CSSO request based on transaction type). Ensure transactions are completed within audit and compliance standards as well as timely execution.
- Oversee pipeline management / sales process by ensuring all pipeline management and activity tracking routines are completed (i.e. all sales opportunities captured within the compensation deadline).
- Manage the review of relationship data on a regular basis (i.e. client relationship linkages, service level fit (SLF) reviews, etc.), own maintenance/management of client, prospect and OCIO referrals
Key Skills Requirements
- Solid understanding of banking, lending and investment products, services and processes
- Advanced analytical capabilities including analysis of client account activities to identify growth opportunities
- Excellent problem solving and follow up skills
- Strong team player; ability to effectively partner across multiple organization lines
- Excellent interpersonal and client communication skills including a passion geared towards client service
- Judgment and maturity. Ability to manage vertical and horizontal across the business, escalating when necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience with a financial institution focusing on client service and sales, preferably in the HNW space
Posting Date: 09/11/2018
Location: New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA 5TH AVENUE BLDG, 767 5th Ave, - United States