Mainframe server hardware planning position responsible for installation of new mainframe servers, maintaining Microcode Change Levels (MCLs) and coordinating/tracking mainframe server hardware break/fix activities.
- Works with mainframe infrastructure teams and IBM to identify configuration requirements, determine installation timelines, identify data center cabling requirements and facilitate implementation of server refreshes.
- Researches available MCL levels working with mainframe teams and IBM to identify and plan next levels for deployment.
- Tracks all mainframe server hardware issues and facilitates breakfix activities.
- Coordinates all mainframe hardware activities with various Mainframe Infrastructure teams
- Highly visible position requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work closely with technicians from various infrastructure teams. Weekend work is required. Works under minimal supervision. Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting System z hardware or software technology.
Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting System z hardware or software technology
Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of System z technologies
Have experience leading large complex mainframe projects
Proficient in MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working experience with IBM hardware configurations, MCL maintenance, I/O gens and mainframe server installations
Basic understanding of z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS or MQ
ENTERPRISE ROLE OVERVIEW
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
Posting Date: 09/11/2018
Location: Richardson, TX, BUILDING C, 2380 PERFORMANCE DR, Richmond, VA, VILLA PARK OPS CENTER BLDG C, 8001 VILLA PARK DR, - United States