Job Description Summary
As an experienced analytics professional, collaborates with cyber security teams to shape, prioritize, and deliver data-driven analysis and software capabilities. Interfaces with upper management in the continued build-out of an established analytics function, while individually contributing to projects. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Leads by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 3-5 years of analytics experience.
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls. The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams.
We are looking for an Analytics Team Lead (System/Data Security Manager) with extensive experience in delivering data analysis to technology and business teams. You will lead the strategic technology road map for the team while making daily contributions to analysis and development.
In this role, you will utilize your previous experience translating business questions into quantifiable answers with an ability to quickly gain subject matter expertise. You will be expected to work directly with key stakeholders to understand the business requirements and design/deliver complex solutions, while utilizing best practices in order to ensure statistically robust recommendations and software solutions.
- Senior level analytics manager with track record of performance for managing and influencing sophisticated, dynamic business partners with contending priorities
- Fluency in SQL and a scientific scripting language (Python, R)
- Ability to run and present analysis using: statistical inference/modeling techniques, clustering analysis, and custom data visualization
- Analytical design thinking emphasizing simplicity—you can run unsupervised clustering, but prioritize using a simpler approach
- Experience adhering to high audit standards
- Experience working in the Agile development process and the ability to drive projects forward independently
- Excellent partner & teammate to peers; can influence & resolve across organizational lines
- Proven technology management discipline (financials, resource planning, operations risk/security, etc.)
Posting Date: 02/01/2019
Location: Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.