At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with focus and drive –people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals.
As part of the Bank of America team, the lending associate (LA) position is designed to create a career opportunity in mortgage sales for individuals with minimal mortgage lending experience or those individuals who prefer to partner alongside a more experienced lending officer. The lending associate role will include sales, marketing and production activities in order to develop an understanding of the business and maximize the sale of mortgage loans. Additionally, the lending associate will begin working directly with clients to uncover their needs and match them to our lending solutions. LAs may begin developing a referral network and generating self-sourced business. LAs will also create a sales business plan and, initially under the guidance and supervision of the lending officer, will execute sales, pricing, and loan management and client relationship activities. The LA will be responsible for successfully completing pre-assigned training activities and achieving production goals within a pre-determined time period.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through our Academy to develop in your role.
• Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two U.S. households. Starting at a financial center, you’ll interact with banking clients and small business owners alike. You’ll also tap into a range of experts, from small business bankers to financial solutions advisors.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
• Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conform to all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a lending associate, you can look forward to
• Providing exceptional client care with industry-leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
• Building a quality external network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Sources may consist of real estate professionals, builders, and professional and personal contacts.
• Expanding your reach further through participation in business-related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
• Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Is an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Is self-motivated and highly organized.
• Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Has flexibility to work extended hours during heavy workload period.
• Has previous out-of-industry sales experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Adaptability and can demonstrate flexibility.
• A positive attitude.
• Able to take ownership and accountability and can demonstrate integrity.
• The ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Posting Date: 14/09/2018
Location: Palo Alto, CA, 600 Hansen Way (CA5505), - United States