Senior Long Term Strategy/Planning Lead - Information Security
Chicago, IL; Jersey City, NJ; New York, NY; Charlotte, NC; - United States
Job number: 18030330
Back to job search results
The Global Information Security (GIS) Planning Lead will be responsible for interacting with and influencing senior-level resources to develop, execute and maintain Functional Plans and Execution Plans to meet strategic goals and targets defined for the GIS organization. You will collaborate with senior members within the division and across the company to ensure delivery and alignment of strategic action plans. This position will lead monitoring and measurement of key performance and risk indicators to ensure that strategic outcomes are achieved.
- Leads one or more Planning areas (operating, functional, control) and will be accountable for driving plan development sessions, and then document and maintain the functional plan and roadmap to deliver outcomes in order to achieve strategic goals
- Drives alignment across technology, operations, policy and other key partners to deliver execution tracks and to ensure intended value of plans is achieved
- Comprehends how execution paths align to overall business plan, cyber security landscape, security policy, and consumer needs; can anticipate new opportunities and/or adjust Planning approach to accommodate variable needs
- Accountable for defining, implementing, and monitoring measurements for performance and value against execution of a plan
- Looks holistically across all strategic goals to identify (inter)dependencies and key integration points
- Articulates purpose and value of strategic execution tracks, ensuring understanding across impacted parties
- Communicates, influences, negotiates, and drives consensus both vertically and horizontally to achieve outcomes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with developing and driving realization of strategic plans and roadmaps for technology and/or information security organizations; can translate vision/targets into functional plans, and plans into specific goals, tactics, actions, and measures
- Experience with developing operational plans and driving integration across large organizations
- Ability to think broadly and possesses strong communication and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to mobilize, motivate and lead teams with limited information and ambiguity
- Uses strong analytical skills to help assess an operational or security problem/opportunity and identify best future state
- Provides significant thought product in developing strategic direction
- Strong functional and technical knowledge of information security capabilities
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in technology-based Strategic Development, or an equivalent practice.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with organizational and process design and/or developing enterprise/business architecture
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Information Technology (or related field)
Enterprise Role Overview:
Directs multiple / major technology teams within Information Security that research, engineer, develop, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain the information security (authentication, perimeter security, security & compliance tools, etc), & directory technology systems (software & hardware) and security policies / procedures. Utilizes in-depth technical / project knowledge and business requirements to design / direct secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the Bank's assets. Serves as organization spokesperson with other technology or business groups. Exercises independent judgment in directing staff to achieve results. Works independently with directions / goals from the Information Security Technology Executive. Typically 7-10 years of experience, including people management responsibility.
Posting Date: 05/17/2018
Location: Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Jersey City, NJ, 101 HUDSON ST (NJ2101), New York, NY, BANK OF AMERICA TOWER, ONE BRYANT PARK, Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022), - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.