Manages projects limited in scope to LOB products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Serves as secondary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives and provides assistance to staff. Partners with the business to develop and transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change. Accountable for initiatives limited in scope to department products, processes or functions although some may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications. Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Plans, organizes, monitors and controls projects using appropriate tools and techniques to ensure efficient and effective project completion. Develop and socialize potential risk mitigation strategies. Effectively communicates with managers, peers and business partners on deliverables, timelines and support needed. Partners with the business to develop and transition plans, including ongoing success measures, to sustain the change. Responsible for Clarity and PCM updates and project documents. Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Typically 3+ plus years of project management support experience.
- Drive and Ensure Project Initiation / On-boarding process is followed, including estimation.
- Obtain, review, and deliver requirements to all stakeholders.
- Request, collect and document all sign offs for requirements, HLD and Change Requests or as applicable for Agile projects.
- Partner and communicate with all impacted stakeholders for each respective project on all aspects of the project including financials, project health, decisions needed/made, risks and issues. Escalate critical risks/issues/etc. through appropriate channels, i.e. PM Lead, Tech Exec, LOB partners.
- Effectively execute our SDLC to deliver projects from start (request) to finish (control)
- Build high-quality project plans that achieve task granularity, are dependency-driven (not date driven), and are actively referenced by the project team as a guide for execution
- Monitor and provide awareness of all milestones / deliverables for all phases on a routine basis, driving team to deliver on schedule.
- Demonstrate a neutral bias in holding teams accountable to the SDLC, while partnering effectively to drive issue resolution, risk mitigation and relationship building across the project team
- Establish strong inspection routines, escalating potential project derailers (including capacity issues) early and precisely to keep projects on track
- Proactively manage all governance requirements, including maintaining high-quality project status data in PM Systems of Record and ensuring updates are made on a weekly or otherwise timely basis
- Perform a post-mortem / debrief after the completion of every project
- Understand, track, and communicate any financial gaps throughout the project lifecycle and facilitate resolution
- Demonstrate greater awareness of business / LOB tech investment appetite, and use that information to manage expectations and avoid surprises / escalations throughout the project financial life cycle
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and navigate at all levels in the organization
- Tier 1 financial services experience
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Highly organized with critical thinking abilities at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Risk and Compliance focused
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to drive results
- Experience delivering large projects with significant impact to multiple lines of business, that may have cross-functional or inter-departmental implications
- Experience driving multiple projects simultaneously
- Agile - Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer, Project Financial Management
Posting Date: 09/11/2018
Location: Jersey City, NJ, 101 HUDSON ST (NJ2101), Pennington, NJ, HOPEWELL BLDG. 3, 1300 AMERICAN BLVD, - United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time