Corporate title: up to Vice-President
Line of Business: Transaction Reporting Operations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an analytical and detail orientated regulatory reporting individual. If you’re looking to take the next step in your career then Bank of America Merrill Lynch has an opportunity for you right now. We are looking for someone to join our growing Transaction Reporting Operations team and deliver reporting solutions across a number of asset classes for multiple streams. The role will also provide opportunity for team oversight.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Carry out impact assessments, to determine the level of requirements / testing required
- Perform regression testing or UAT as appropriate on change happening elsewhere in the organisation, and where an indirect or direct impact onto TR has been identified
- Deliver new regulatory initiatives being project managed within TR Ops Initiatives team or Strategic Regulatory change team
- Participate in projects being delivered by external change teams
- Evaluate and ensure reporting infrastructure can cope with any new products
- Produce and disseminate function-related MI as required
- Proactively assist in responding to internal, client and regulator enquiries
- Identify deficiencies in transaction reporting systems and mechanisms, driving continuous improvement
- Drive various projects & processes from front to back to improve data quality & completeness of data
This role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to develop a good understanding of transaction reporting requirements for the various Jurisdictions. This role offers cross asset Derivative exposure including Rates, Credit, FX, Equities and Commodities.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven understanding of the regulatory trade and transaction reporting landscape
- Familiar with key regulations covered by TR Ops: EMIR, MIFID and CFTC
- Remains current on the regulatory reporting landscape to ensure the firm’s reporting remains in step with any changes
- Experience of working in Banking MO, Operations or other relevant functions.
- Experience in remediating transaction reporting issues, including back-reporting
- Knowledge of investment banking processes – front to back including trade lifecycle
- Familiar with key trade flow components: how trades are booked, cleared, captured, consumed by the reporting systems, processed, submitted to the regulatory / repository)
- Familiar with the following products covered by regulatory reporting obligations: Exchange Traded Derivatives
- Product specific knowledge inside / outside of transaction reporting operations
- Experience in key transaction reporting systems and how they interact with each other - DTCC GTR
Business Analysis / Project Management
- Project experience: extensive business analysis, project management, data analysis, and testing skills are required for this role.
- MS Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint proficient)
- Able to translate strategies into plans that can be effectively executed
- In-depth understanding of the FS regulatory landscape and experience in leading regulatory projects
- Experience in aligning resources in order to deliver sustainable results
- Experience in analysing/manipulating large volumes of data to identify anomalies
- Experience within Regulatory Reporting and/or Controls and Risks.
Stakeholder / Client Management:
- Experience in managing cross-functional senior stakeholders
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.