Responsible for performing more complex analysis and modeling for multiple products with the goal of maximizing profits and asset growth and minimizing risk and operating losses and/or other financial and marketing exposures. Develops complex program models to extract data and uses multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial data. Utilizes portfolio trends to propose policy/procedural changes within segmentation structure to produce optimal results. Excels at risk/reward trade off. Build relationships with external agencies. Participates in the rollout of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models. Duties primarily include the regular use of discretion, independent judgment, the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and the utilization of core leadership behaviors.
Responsible for delivering against the strategic direction of the Enterprise Network Payments team and day-to-day management of Bank of America’s global card network partners. This role requires heavy coordination across global lines of businesses and internal business units including Product, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Risk, Sourcing, Tech & Ops and Vendor Management.
• Contribute & support project initiatives of varying scope and complexity ranging from strategy and industry analysis, contract negotiation and drafting, to optimizing net economic benefit and customer value
• Interact extensively with internal and/or external contacts to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex problems and/or develop and implement payment network related initiatives
• Analyze and create Enterprise level Point of View and action plans on current and potential changes to the payments industry and new entrants
• Become a Payments Network SME/consultant for areas such as digital, consumer, small business and commercial business partners
• Work closely with LOBs to establish and execute plans related to payment network relationships
Ability to work across geographically and organizationally diverse groups to drive projects and communication.
• Self-motivated, highly organized and works with minimal supervision
• Strong Analytic skills (defining, quantifying, gathering data from diverse sources and thinking thru multiple scenarios)
• Problem solving abilities and ability to anticipate potential issues
• Excellent communication skills
• Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
• Attention to detail; research complex and highly specialized issues
• Strong relationship management skills (internal and external to BAC)
• Must have strong Microsoft Office (expertise in Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
* Network, Payments Industry, and/or Competitor Issuer experience
* Familiarity with credit card and debit card payment flows and payment networks, both issuing and acquiring sides
* Contract & negotiation experience