Investment Specialist - Life Services Team (Series 7 Required)
Hunt Valley, MD, United States
Job number: 18012832
Back to job search results
The Merrill Edge Life Services team specializes in end-to-end relationship management, guiding heirs and executors through the wealth transition experience.
- Help clients make informed decisions with inherited assets through a dedicated relationship
- Engage clients in goals-based financial conversations, provide education on inheriting assets, and deliver solutions to meet client needs
- Deepen the client relationship through retention and consolidation with Merrill Edge
- Take ownership of the process and managing it from beginning to end
The Ideal Candidate is
- Highly self-motivated and goal-orientated
- Client-focused with a passion for excellence and positive team attitude
- Eager to start a career at a company awarded for Outstanding Customer Service Experience 6 years in a row by JD Power₁
- Highly attentive to detail and multi-tasking in a fast-paced contact-center environment
- Empathetic and focused on understanding client perspectives and need
- Nationally recognized New Hire Training Program, with 4-5 months of full time paid training
- Pay for performance bonuses
- Top tier benefits through Bank of America – such as 401k match, medical/dental, tuition reimbursement, childcare assistance, paid vacation time
- Access to Employee Networks such as: Women’s Leadership, LGBT Pride, Black Professionals, Asian Leadership, Military Support Awareness, Inter-Generational
As a Preferred Transition Specialist you will deliver end-to-end relationship management, guide heirs and executors through the wealth transition experience. In this role, you will connect with clients to understand financial goals, provide education on inheriting assets, and deliver solutions to meet client needs – all while providing a white-glove client experience. Through active client engagement, you will deepen client relationships by retaining and consolidating assets with Merrill Edge and completing the transition by understanding necessary document requirements. You are responsible for taking ownership of the process and managing it entirely.
Watch the Merrill Edge Academy Video to get a great understanding of Merrill Edge prior to applying!
Required Skills: "MUST" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- Series 7 is required
- Series 66 (or both the 63 and 65) is strongly preferred; if 66 is not currently held, must be obtained within 90 days
- Ability to establish strong client relationships
- Strong time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and operate efficiently in high-stress settings
- Ability to adapt and embrace change in a highly evolving environment
- Attention to detail and high quality of work standards
- Strong computer skills with an ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt and seek solutions for customers and communicate effectively
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to actively listen to clients and demonstrate empathy
- Capable of effectively operating in a team oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and oral/written communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and working efficiently under stress and high volume
- Proven ability to meet and exceed productivity and quality monitoring goals
J.D. Power 2016 Certified Contact Center ProgramSM recognition is based on successful completion of an audit and exceeding a customer satisfaction benchmark through a survey of recent servicing interactions. For more information, visit www.jdpower.com/ccc.
This position entails extensive telephone interactions assisting account holders and beneficiaries with required documentation for distributing and transferring assets. Responsible for ensuring timely review and distribution of assets while adhering to procedures and guidelines. Responsible for providing quality service to maintain high Service Levels, Client Experience, Retention and Productivity. End to end ownership of account holders and beneficiaries. Responsibilities include placing trades, client deepening and retention, along with identifying solutions for financial needs and goals. Licensing requirements are as follows: Series 7 & 66 or their equivalent.
Posting Date: 03/06/2018
Location: Hunt Valley, MD, HUNT VALLEY, 11333 MCCORMICK RD, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Weekly Schedule: Must be flexible to work between hours of operation - 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday - Friday
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ section for answers to these questions and more.
Bank of America Employees
Bank of America employees should access the internal jobs database.